San Juan City Tour/Segway recommendations please

cravingthis

Hello everyone,

This will be our first time in San Juan.  I found this link via Cruise Critic but it directs me to viator.com.  I'd prefer to correspond with the actual tour operator rather than a 3rd party.  

San Juan tours

There are so many options! Would you please recommend some great tour companies for a city tour.  I was also interested in the Segway tour, but I don't think I'd have enough time.

We will be on Harmony of the Seas, and in San Juan from 7 am - 4 pm (subject to change).

Many thanks!

I believe the only Segway operator in San Juan is Jose. You can book directly with him at http://www.segwaytourspr.com/. We will be on the Allure in 2 weeks and we are booked. I have been trying to find recent information on the condition and current atmosphere after all the protests. I hope you have a great time and an awesome tour. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Waterluv said:

I believe the only Segway operator in San Juan is Jose. You can book directly with him at http://www.segwaytourspr.com/. We will be on the Allure in 2 weeks and we are booked. I have been trying to find recent information on the condition and current atmosphere after all the protests. I hope you have a great time and an awesome tour. 

Thank you for the link.

Good luck with your cruise - how exciting!  What are your ports?

On 8/10/2019 at 2:15 AM, Waterluv said:

Hi! The huge, huge protests have already ended after the governor resigned. Fortaleza street, the main gathering place of protesters, is already without barriers as of this week. There's still some much smaller protests going on, but not on a daily basis. So, it's basically back to normal in OSJ.

BTW, there's already talk of putting new umbrellas at Fortaleza street.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:39 PM, red-dragon said:

Hello everyone,

This will be our first time in San Juan.  I found this link via Cruise Critic but it directs me to viator.com.  I'd prefer to correspond with the actual tour operator rather than a 3rd party.  

San Juan tours

There are so many options! Would you please recommend some great tour companies for a city tour.  I was also interested in the Segway tour, but I don't think I'd have enough time.

We will be on Harmony of the Seas, and in San Juan from 7 am - 4 pm (subject to change).

Many thanks!

Would you be interested in a OSJ walking tour? If so, look up Puerto Rico Historic Building Society in AirBnB or Facebook.

11 hours ago, Guatiao said:

Would you be interested in a OSJ walking tour? If so, look up Puerto Rico Historic Building Society in AirBnB or Facebook.

Oh thank you, but I don't think I could walk too much.  I'm going to look for a tour van and/or the Segway tour.

I've done the segway tour twice.  I'm in my late 50's and had no trouble.  The segway office is the pier right next to where your cruise ship docks.  Easy to find.  You get instructions and get to practice in the courtyard before heading out.  The tour itself is 2 hours and you get to see all the history while having fun. I highly recommend them.  My husband has balance issues and couldn't go and we were refunded our money for him.

This sounds like fun.  May need to look into it.  My only hesitant is falling over. Not always the most coordinated person.  So glad they are talking about putting the umbrellas back. Hopefully by the time we are there in about a month.