QE late dining sitting - children allowed?

Sweetpeajoey

Hi, can anyone tell me if it’s allowed to bring a child to the late sitting in the restaurant on Cunard QE?

(This will only be on formal nights and he’ll only be having a desert as I will take him for dinner in the lido earlier as this seating is way too late for a 6yo to wait.)

2 minutes ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

Hi, can anyone tell me if it’s allowed to bring a child to the late sitting in the restaurant on Cunard QE?

(This will only be on formal nights and he’ll only be having a desert as I will take him for dinner in the lido earlier as this seating is way too late for a 6yo to wait.)

We traveled with a child on QE and were assigned late seating.,  So yes a child is allowed in the main dining room at your assigned time. Just remind your head waiter the night before that you will have a “special guest” with you the next evening. They can then be sure to have everything ready for your child’s visit (since it doesn’t sound like the child will be a regular diner.)

Also when space is available we have been able to get our seating changed from late to early seating so it was easier on our child and group.

Thanks for your replies, they’re very helpful. 😁

Chart Room Princess

6 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

We traveled with a child on QE and were assigned late seating.,  So yes a child is allowed in the main dining room at your assigned time. Just remind your head waiter the night before that you will have a “special guest” with you the next evening. They can then be sure to have everything ready for your child’s visit (since it doesn’t sound like the child will be a regular diner.)

Also when space is available we have been able to get our seating changed from late to early seating so it was easier on our child and group.

When you said you got your seating changed from late to early was this for the whole cruise or just on the occasional night?

18 hours ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

No problem at all. Obviously you know your child best but I have often seen childeen dining with their parents late. For example for Italian and Spanish families 8.30 pm is still a very early time for dinner.

1 minute ago, carlmm said:

No problem at all. Obviously you know your child best but I have often seen childeen dining with their parents late. For example for Italian and Spanish families 8.30 pm is still a very early time for dinner.

That's true. The Spanish seem to have their evening meal anytime between midnight and 3AM ! 

1 hour ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

That's true. The Spanish seem to have their evening meal anytime between midnight and 3AM ! 

Wow, that is late.

Every cruise we’ve been on we’ve had late seating and it worked very well except on our last cruise, our first with our son. The early dining time seemed to make us miss all the sail aways as we were getting ready for dinner. It made the days feel so rushed. The annoying thing was that we did the early time for our son but he loved the kids club so much he chose to not eat with us most of the nights and stay in the club so we were stuck eating early!!!

So this time we changed the plan, we booked late seating and on the nights he is joining us, as I said in the OP, I’ll feed him earlier so to stave off grumpy child syndrome 🤣 and give him a bread roll then a desert while we’re eating. I’ll take a colouring book with us or something similar to keep him occupied.

Then I suddenly thought, oh no, will he be allowed on the nights he wants to dine with us!!! Hence the question. 😳

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweetpeajoey said:

The annoying thing was that we did the early time for our son but he loved the kids club so much he chose to not eat with us most of the nights and stay in the club so we were stuck eating early!!!

We had a similar thing. We went with another couple who had children (we don't) and the same thing happened; they wanted early because of their children and then their kids never ate with us anyway.

The problem is that the early sitting is a bit too early and the late sitting is a bit too late. 

1 minute ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

We had a similar thing. We went with another couple who had children (we don't) and the same thing happened; they wanted early because of their children and then their kids never ate with us anyway.

The problem is that the early sitting is a bit too early and the late sitting is a bit too late. 

Yes, anytime dining would probably be the best idea but Cunard doesn’t offer that in the Britannia restaurant, so late dining it is!