RCCL Wedding Photographs

harris-dc

Has anyone had wedding portraits done by RCCL for a wedding onboard? My daughter is looking at getting married on board and I own my own photography studio and am told I cannot take portraits. What I have seen of their other portraits they sell is less than impressive, and hoped to get something more for our memories. Anyone know who I could contact. I tried the WEdding planners and was treated very rudely. I wrote a letter to Crown and Anchor since we have been on many cruises and didn't even get a response.

Has anyone had wedding portraits done by RCCL for a wedding onboard? My daughter is looking at getting married on board and I own my own photography studio and am told I cannot take portraits. What I have seen of their other portraits they sell is less than impressive, and hoped to get something more for our memories. Anyone know who I could contact. I tried the WEdding planners and was treated very rudely. I wrote a letter to Crown and Anchor since we have been on many cruises and didn't even get a response.

I don't know. Could it be that the wedding is in a public place, and the tripod, and lighting would be in the other pasengers way? How much equipment do you plan on taking? Background? If not that, then I have no clue, as people take pictures all the time.

One thing that just hit me though, is maybe they have some kind of a contract with that company who does their photos onboard. Like a no compete or something?

Just be very careful about planning a wedding on a ship. I'd advise you to do a board search first before going forward. Weddings onboard have sometimes lead to great disappointments.....missed ports, and other issues.

How exactly are they going to stop you from taking pictures? Is the issue that you have to "pay" for their photographer and you don't need them? That seems a little different than them not allow you to take portraits.

I have not had a wedding onboard, but we did renew our wedding vows. The photographer was available immediately after our ceremony and took pictures of us with our cake, bouquet and wedding rings. Then we walked around the ship and picked places we thought would make nice portraits. Most came out quite well, with the exception of the shots we took on deck. It was quite windy and my dress was either blowing between my legs or off to the side or my hair was messed. We didnt' purchase any of those shots. We had invited 6 other people to share in our renewal and they took various pictures as well and were never stopped from being able to snap a few.

Good luck, wedding pictures are a lasting memory of an important day.

I am planning on taking just my camera and flash. Same as I do for all weddings. Nothing that would bother anyone else. Also the wedding is before other board.

Then you should be able to take pix. I can't even imagine this is a problem. Unless there is more to the story?

If they want to take some too, then just don't buy them. Are they asking you to pay for the photographer?

It would be part of her package. But I was told any professional camera would be confiscated. I also told them I would be willing not to take photos during the ceremony asked if I could take them around the ship to take photos of them then the typical photos of his parents with the bride groom, us with the bride groom, maid of honor etc. They were very snobby about the whole thing. I was shocked. Their policy is that the bride and groom cannot hire an outside vendor. Which being the mother of the bride I wouldn't consider myself an outside vendor. Thanks for your replies hopefully everything will work out. In the past my husband and I have gone to the Solarium on formal night and set up a tripod and taken photos of ourselves and never had any problem. I have also taken my professional camera on all 5 cruises before this and never had a problem.

It would be part of her package. But I was told any professional camera would be confiscated. I also told them I would be willing not to take photos during the ceremony asked if I could take them around the ship to take photos of them then the typical photos of his parents with the bride groom, us with the bride groom, maid of honor etc. They were very snobby about the whole thing. I was shocked. Their policy is that the bride and groom cannot hire an outside vendor. Which being the mother of the bride I wouldn't consider myself an outside vendor. Thanks for your replies hopefully everything will work out. In the past my husband and I have gone to the Solarium on formal night and set up a tripod and taken photos of ourselves and never had any problem. I have also taken my professional camera on all 5 cruises before this and never had a problem.

So, did you tell them you were a photographer? If so, I doubt they will even remember that. Unless you have like a Bronica or something, I can't see them saying anything about a camera being professional or not. There are just too many cameras on the market for them to know them all, and what their use is...

I took my tripod on my cruises, and took pix with it even in the Gala Buffet on the NOS, and no one said anything to me.

I'd just do it anyway.

I am going to take it and see what happens. I see you are going on Jewel in Nov. We are going on the 26th cruise which one are you on

BINGO......:) We need a roll call thread, there is none.:o We do not get a M&M though...but who cares...we can have our own...it's the day AFTER, the end of the world.....I'll be FIFTY........eeks.:D It's my present. To myself.:D

Archived