Serenade of the Seas Review 1/21-1/28 Long, but hopefully helpful!

we went to Malibu Beach and it was sooo amazing, walking towards the Rum factory the water smells like rum. u can swim out to the tour from the beach and see turtles too. There were jet skis and catamaran rides too.

It is a smaller beach but soo beautiful

I would go to MALIBU again it was absolutely amazing

Hey Laurel

I agree from 8-10 only food is Windjammer, 9-10pm NOTHING !!

We actually asked about this and we were told by guest relations that the crew is OFF from 8-10 nightly ???

We had 6 families, 9 children (IM SURE U HEARD THEM :) )

We were disappointed as the water slide was only open 3pm-5pm daily kinda ridiculous if u ask me.

Also did u notice the Solarium Hot Tub was closed every night from

8-10pm...asked about that guest relations says it is the scheduled cleaning ??? 2am-4am would be a better time dont u think ??

I agree about the service......AWSOME !!!!

Ports were great, kids clubs great !

Food....fair...not good...just fair

and YES....TURKEY was served for dinner one night :)

I know this sounds trivial with so much offered on the cruise, but will there be a place to get food from approx. 11 pm – 1:30 pm?

Our last cruise was 2 years ago and we would often pick up the kids from the clubs late in the evening (at their request) and then take them to the Promenade (we were on Navigator) for a snack before returning to our cabin. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, but the kids STILL talk about it to this day, how we would pick them up “so late at night” and then all go have snacks together.

So, I was hoping we could possibly do the same when we travel on Serenade on April 8, 2006. Thank you all!

Thanks for the review - our group of 22 is booked on the same tour for 3/25.

Crazy driver notwithstanding, can you comment on the Barbados Colonial Plantation tour itself? My parents have booked this excursion for our upcoming cruise, and are wondering if the tour itself might be worth it, in the hopes of not getting that driver again...

Thanks.

Actually, the tour itself was a pretty big dissapointment. It's title is a "plantation Tour", but the only plantation we saw was a 'ruin', basically a cement block shell of a building. that would have been pretty cool to take pictures of (My boyfriend and I are photographers), but it was so covered with yellow caution tape and do not enter signs that we couldn't get a single good shot! One highlight that I enjoyed was St. Johns church, which I think is about 150 years old. It was just a neat old building with a cool cemetary out back. Also had so fantastic views, but we were only there for about 20 minutes, which i didn;t think was long enough. Other than that we pretty much just drove around, adn truthfully the island wasn't all that pretty. If your folks are able i would have book another tour, I dont feel this one was worth the time or the money.

Hope this helps!

I know this sounds trivial with so much offered on the cruise, but will there be a place to get food from approx. 11 pm – 1:30 pm?

Our last cruise was 2 years ago and we would often pick up the kids from the clubs late in the evening (at their request) and then take them to the Promenade (we were on Navigator) for a snack before returning to our cabin. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, but the kids STILL talk about it to this day, how we would pick them up “so late at night” and then all go have snacks together.

So, I was hoping we could possibly do the same when we travel on Serenade on April 8, 2006. Thank you all!

That doesn't sound trivial at all, thats the best part about cruises! The solarium cafe had pizza and snacks, and I'm pretty sure that was opened late nights (12-2) and the Seaview Cafe had all kinds of made to order food and I'm pretty sure that was open 10-12. From 8-10 (unless you had 8:30 dinner seating) there was nothing!

Archived