Discovery 2 in 5 days....final questions!!

Hi all

Well I'm off on my maiden cruise and I'm starting to get a little excited.

I have some final questions for you:

1. Whilst I know towels are included in the cabins, would we need to take towels for the pool and would we be allowed to take them off board for a beach day?

2. my 17 year old son has no trousers at all, will be ok in smart jeans in the restaurants? (saying that I only have chinos!!)

3. It appears I can't get decent coffee before 10am....i might struggle with that, usually on my 3rd by then. Is there coffee in the cabin?

Regards Mike

59 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Pool towels provided and you can take them off ship ,  jeans should be ok and you can get good coffee from the coffee port just like your outlet in the UK . Have a great cruise😎😎😎

Hi both.

Thats a good question About coffee in the cabin, we have never been on Discovery 1 or 2, are there kettles supplied?

Have a great holiday I am sure you will love it, going back to land based holidays after a cruise is a mare.😉

Keep well.

Edited by Brummijam
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi both.

Thats a good question About coffee in the cabin, we have never been on Discovery 1 or 2, are there kettles supplied?

Have a great holiday I am sure you will love it, going back to land based holidays after a cruise is a mare.😉

Keep well.

Yes, kettles in all cabins.  

Edited by campolady
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelerBaggy said:

3. It appears I can't get decent coffee before 10am....i might struggle with that, usually on my 3rd by then. Is there coffee in the cabin?

Regards Mike

If you upgrade to the Premium Drinks package you can now get 'free' Lavazza coffees in the Coffee Port from 7 a.m. onwards.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Have only been back once to land base it was boring😕😕😕

Hi PC.

We have just had a week in Salou and it was ok but that was only because we had our grand children with us , I think it was the first time that they had been in a warm sea ,couldn’t get them out they loved it.😃

Just like Tizzi-Jo, I also take my cappuccino sachets with me wherever we go, ships and hotels.

Nescafe and Kenco boxes of (usually) 8 sachets in most supermarkets. Usually only around £1-50 a box. Not as good as the Coffee Port but a decent substitute and much cheaper especially if you drink 2 or 3 a day.

I prefer Kenco!

Suite guests get access to the suite lounge where a coffee machine is as well as muffins, danish and other snacks.

Also suite guests get an espresso machine in the cabin with a kettle.

If you want extra special treatment, take some Greggs Sausage rolls, see Carly from the entertainment team, say 'Reece' sent you and you will be treated like VIP all cruise.

6 hours ago, SausPud said:

Suite guests get access to the suite lounge where a coffee machine is as well as muffins, danish and other snacks.

Also suite guests get an espresso machine in the cabin with a kettle.

If you want extra special treatment, take some Greggs Sausage rolls, see Carly from the entertainment team, say 'Reece' sent you and you will be treated like VIP all cruise.

Is there a suite lounge on D2? That would be great as there wasnt one on D1 last year. I also read that D2 was going into dry dock in November for some 'upgrades'. I wonder what those will be!

7 minutes ago, Sunshine901 said:

Is there a suite lounge on D2? That would be great as there wasnt one on D1 last year. I also read that D2 was going into dry dock in November for some 'upgrades'. I wonder what those will be!

Only ship in the fleet to have one. You get drinks, snacks and free wifi in there.

Enjoy your cruise