Requesting Uber/Lyft/Taxi Recommendations in Fairbanks

SeaofStars

I’m going to be in Fairbanks 8/24-8/25 as part of a cruise tour but I opted for the do it yourself version. There are 3 of us and we don’t drive so renting a car is not an option. We have reservations for Running Reindeer Ranch on 8/24 and they recommended getting there using either Hampton’s Tours and Transports (just found out they’re out of business via Yelp - the website is still up) or Air Link Shuttle. Due to the DIY version of our trip, I have no idea where we’ll be in Fairbanks before we head out to RR Ranch which is why I thought booking through Hampton’s would be better than Air Link which seems to be more of a shuttle service (plus Hampton’s has their prices posted which was helpful). I was planning on calling about a hour before pick up to let the cab company know where to pick us up from. Can anyone speak to the reliability of Uber/Lyft in Fairbanks (RR Ranch’s e-mail said they’re not reliable but this was from about a year ago) or recommend any taxi services?

I live in Fairbanks.  I have seen the Air Link shuttles for at least a decade around the community, but have never heard of "Hampton's Tours and Transports."

Our state legislature changed our wage and hour laws, and now Uber and Lyft do operate in

Alaska.  Since we have our own vehicles I have no idea how strong the presence of either Uber or Lyft actually is.  Fairbanks has a number of taxi companies, and all are fine.  Just check the Explore Fairbanks website for a list, or use "google" for a list of local taxi companies.  

Thanks for your feedback. BTW, I have previously googled for a taxi companies and looked on Explore Fairbanks which seems to list mostly tour companies. The Yelp reviews for the taxi companies are pretty negative (not showing up, overcharging, etc.) which is why I was asking if anyone has any recommendations for companies they’ve used, perhaps on a previous trip? 

I understand that Uber and Lyft are available in the Fairbanks area and I have even done “test” trips on the app to check prices and timing, but since the Running Reindeer Ranch e-mail specifically stated that Uber and Lyft have not been reliable in taking customers to their location, I wanted to know if anyone has used them recently and had any feedback. The e-mail is from when I made my reservation last September so I’m not sure if anything has changed since then. I read a post from a while back that there were very few rideshare drivers in Fairbanks so if anyone knows what the current situation is, I would appreciate any information. I assume that most people living in Fairbanks have their own cars so unless the tourist crowd is making use of Uber/Lyft, I’m not sure how much demand for it there really is? I’m willing to roll the dice for other locations, but since we have reservations for Running Reindeer Ranch, I definitely want to make sure we get there on time (which means not dealing with drivers deciding that driving out to that location is too far and canceling the trip - this has happened to me multiple times before).

The nice thing about Hampton’s was that they had a set rate to go to Running Reindeer Ranch from Fairbanks which was listed on their website.

I guess the other option is if anyone’s scheduled to go Running Reindeer Ranch on 8/24 and is OK bringing 3 extra people, I’m willing pay for a ride there and back! 😆