What is the time frame for receiving Cruise Documents

crusinmama22

Does Celebrity send out its cruise documents late?

This is our lst Celebrity cruise and we sail in less than 3 weeks, still not documents.

I called our TA about 2- 2 1/2 weeks ago and she said to expect them in the next 3 weeks. Which I thought was late.

Our other cruises we had them at least a month before, my son just came back and had his about 6 weeks before. Same travel agent.

Does anyone know ?

I plan to call her on monday, since I just got out of the hospital and now know the cruise is a definate.

On our last Celebrity cruise we received our tickets about 2 weeks before the cruise. Now on our Princess cruises we have received them anywhere from 3 weeks to a month out. So there is still plenty of time although if you have not received them when the two weeks come up then call TA.

Marilyn

You don't need any.

Your agent can take a look in the rez system to see when your docs were printed and kitted for shipping.. and ship date to the agency.

If you book within 21 days of departure, you automatically receive e-docs.

I know there was a delay in docs for departures after the week of 2/19.... because of so many docs.... for Feb school vacation.

We have been using the "E-docs" the past three cruises and they seemed to arrive about six weeks before the cruise. Traditional documentation is sent to your TA 3 or 4 weeks before the cruise; it's up to your TA to get them to you in a timely fashion.

Enjoy!

Kel

You don't really need docs. or the E-mail docs.

Just compete the "Xpress Pass" on line (internet) and print, get your bag tags at the port from the porter.

Xpress Pass (one sheet) is the only thing I carry when we go on a cruise with Celebrity. :cool:

Just returned from a cruise on Century where I never received final cruise documents. However, I did the express pass on line which was all that was needed. If for some reason you have trouble doing the express pass and don't have your final documents, you will have problems boarding the ship. My online cruise agency c----e.com said they emailed them to me but I never received them. I tried repeatedly to get them for the 2 wks prior to our cruise and just keep getting the "check back again tomorrow" and Celebrity wasn't any help either. They told me to check back with the TA and the TA said they had to re-order them from Celebrity. In addition, the TA never mentioned that the documents were going to be sent to me via email even though I had asked them one week prior to the alleged emailing when they would be sent. So make sure you know in advance how and when the docs will be arriving and cover yourself by doing the express check in which does really speed things up at embarkation. However, you will need to get luggage tags at the pier from the porter to make sure your bags go to your room. :p

I have received docs all over the board: Anywhere from five weeks out to two weeks out, some hard copy docs, some edocs. As several have mentioned, you really don't need anything but your confirmation number so that you can fill out your Xpress pass online, submit it, and print it to take to check-in with you. Heck, all they want is your credit card number so they can charge you even more money once on the ship. :eek::p;)

Cheers,

Thanks for your help, I think. I still would feel better with the docs.

I believe we should recieve something, as Celebrity booked the flights also.

We also booked the hotel with the TA, and we have used her before without difficulty.

I was just wondering.

Thanks again. I'll try not to worry. Yeah right!

I called our TA on Monday, she said in a couple of weeks -- we leave on Feb 17th! Not much time left. I am use to getting the docs 4-6 weeks out from CCL.

I have our filght times and already have seating assignments or as much as I can get. Some airports you have to get when you get there, but they have our names which made me feel good.

Our TA said she would check with X and call back, that was Monday now it is Wednesday. I figure I would give her to Friday that will be 2 weeks till departure. THEN SHE HAD BETTER HAVE AN ANSWER !!

I called our TA, X had changed our info to say send E tickets. THe TA said in the notes it asked for docs, well they got that straightned out, hopefully will get them next week. Better ..........less than 2 weeks till we leave.

Not only that X did our pre cruise package in PR and air w/transfers.

I did register on line and all seems to be fine, so I'll take that with me if nothing comes.

Don't understand X we have only traveled on Carnival before and got all we needed 4-6 weeks out. My son (21) just got back in Jan from Norweigen and he had his docs before Thanksgiving. Same TA.

So it must be the cruise line.

They should improve on that!

Only 4 days till we leave -- STILL NOTHING FROM CELEBRITY !!

NOT ANY WAY TO WIN OVER A NEW CRUISER TO CELEBRITY !!

Our TA sez Celebrity promised them to her by Mon Tue the latest then overnight to us to arrive Wed. Only 2 days before we leave ! Now that is close!

Archived