Formal Nights for 11 Night Greek-Amalfi Coast Edge September 30th

michaelsmith007

Hello fellow cruisers!  Hoping you can help my wife and I plan, pack and make reservations for our cruise on September 30th on the Edge.

Key is knowing when the Chic/Formal nights are --- so we can reserve restaurants.   Your help is greatly appreciated - checked on the app but not showing details per day.

Itinerary Celebrity Edge Sept 30th - October 11th 

Sept 30th Rome, Italy

Oct 1st Sicily, Italy

Oct 2nd Day @ Sea

Oct 3rd Santorini, Greece

Oct 4th Athens, Greece

Oct 5th Mykonos, Greece

Oct 6th Nauplion, Greece

Oct 7th Katakolon, Greece

Oct 8th Valletta, Malta

Oct 9th Day @ Sea

Oct 10th Naples, Italy

6 minutes ago, michaelsmith007 said:

Thank you PENN ST. 66' - appreciate it...so both sea days it seems.  This will help w/ our booking.  Have a great day and thanks for the helpful answer.

Not a problem We are the October 21 same cruise. We are in port on Day 1 in Sicily, Italy till 8:00 PM and Day 8  in Valletta, Malta until 8:00 PM so it only make sense that they would be the sea days.

I believe those days are not correct, Celebrity never, never holds the evening chic on the night before you get off the ship. They also very often hold their evening chic nights on port days. If your port times are getting back on the ship at around 5 or 6 it will probably be the day before Malta

Edited by dkjretired

I called the Celebrity Cruise help desk --- not entirely sure how helpful it was, as they said that Chic/Formal nights are at the discretion of the cruise director of the ship.   I probably will be able to find out from those who took the cruise w/ the same itinerary hopefully.  In the meantime will wait to book our specialty restaurants.   Appreciate everyone's help.

8 minutes ago, michaelsmith007 said:

I called the Celebrity Cruise help desk --- not entirely sure how helpful it was, as they said that Chic/Formal nights are at the discretion of the cruise director of the ship.   I probably will be able to find out from those who took the cruise w/ the same itinerary hopefully.  In the meantime will wait to book our specialty restaurants.   Appreciate everyone's help.

I can only tell you that Celebrity never holds them on the night before departing due to packing issues and putting out the luggage in the hallway. My experience on this goes back 25 yrs with Celebrity even when they  actually had formal nights. I’m sure other regulars on this board will confirm it.

Edited by dkjretired

23 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I can only tell you that Celebrity never holds them on the night before departing due to packing issues and putting out the luggage in the hallway. My experience on this goes back 25 yrs with Celebrity even when they  actually had formal nights. I’m sure other regulars on this board will confirm it.

Well I found this information about the Chic Night from others who are currently on this cruise! Also we do not get off the ship in Naples, Italy they will disembark in Rome, Italy on October the 11th. So you are correct they would not be holding the formal or chic night before they disembark in Rome!  

17 minutes ago, PENNST66 said:

Well I found this information about the Chic Night from others who are currently on this cruise! Also we do not get off the ship in Naples, Italy they will disembark in Rome, Italy on October the 11th. So you are correct they would not be holding the formal or chic night before they disembark in Rome!  

Excellent and thanks again Penn State 66' - very much appreciated, will book accordingly.