Mobility Scooter Port of Mazatlan Mexico

driftychick

Has anyone used their mobility scooter to travel into Old Town Mazatlán from the ship?  The Port guide says it is a 1 mile walk each way to and from the ship.  Wondering if anyone has tried it on a mobility scooter?   

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I did not realize it was that far into town. Of course, Ruth and I always visited the original or part of town with the historical buildings. No idea of what it is like now, but in 2005 we did not have any problems other than the usual bumpy streets . Also, at that time there was a shortage of curb cutouts, so we either rode on the edge of the street or used driveways to get on and off the curbs. I think there may have been a couple times we were assisted getting off a curb.

Regardless, last year I visited some other ports in Mexico and most had created curb cutouts, thus did not experience any problems. I would have a tendency to assume that Mazatlan has made similar changes.

If you happen to go a bit further south to Puerto Vallarta, please find a couple others to share a taxi and go to El Malecón. It is an easy trip on the scooters and the sculptures are well worth the visit. I'm assuming your scooter will fit in the trunk.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Betty:

Thank you so much for your reply.  I believe we will just go ahead and use the scooters for the trip into old town Mazatlán.   I think on a full charge we are good for 11 miles.  We will watch for cutouts, or, do the same as you and ride in the street close to the curb, there will be 2 of us.  I always think of the cobblestone streets as sort of a massage when on the scooters!

We are renting our scooters from Cruise Car and they do not fold so I doubt that we would be able to take a cab in Puerto Vallarta, bit, thank you for the information anyway, it is appreciated.  We may be able to assist someone else and pass it along!

Thanks again and have a great evening.