transfer from London airport to Southhampton port

On 8/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, taglovestocruise said:

We did the samething, Blackberry cars worked out great.  My wife did the one thing you should never do, used the bathroom before customs and immigration. That single 3 minute interruption resulted in a extra half hour in line. Sent text to the blackberry driver telling him we were running late and no problem or extra charge. Will definitely be our first choice in the future. 

We did the same thing and spent an hour in the Customs line.

12 hours ago, shofer said:

We did the same thing and spent an hour in the Customs line.

Having flown to London dozens of times over the past 30+ years I do my very best to avoid Heathrow unless specifically traveling to area west and or north of London including sailings from Harwich.  Heathrow is large, crowded and extremely busy (busiest in Europe).  Immigration & customs can be an absolute nightmare.

I recommend using Gatwick and, for American citizens, using British Airways (I book AA codeshare).  The vast majority of BA passengers are Europeans.  As a result I never have to rush to immigration - virtually no wait (less than 5 minutes).  The distance to London is a further but you can catch the Gatwick Express in to Victoria Station in the heart of London.  Distance and travel time to Southampton are about the same as from Heathrow.  Also, if you happen to be sailing from Dover, this is a better option.

• Like 1