Flying to Quebec via Newark - any advice re flight connections (Cunard flight)

Queenie1603

We are flying out from Manchester on United Airways on 11 Oct to join QM2 in Quebec. Cunard have arranged the flights via Newark. We only have 1.40 hrs transfer time to get our connecting flight. Has anyone any experience of flight connections as Newark? The info on the Newark Airport website is confusing. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you are saying that you have 1 hour and 40 minutes or 1.40 hours which would be 1 hour and 24 minutes, but either way you should be alright as long as things go normally. Of course you will have to clear Customs (which Newark does well) collect your bags then recheck them and clear Security again. On the other hand, you have very little extra time should your flight arrive a little late or the custom lines are unusually long or there is some other bump in the road. If you flying United on both legs then that helps as they will be able to track you and hold the door open a FEW extra minutes on the Quebec flight if they see you are arriving on a United international flight. Out of EWR, United typically has 3 flights a day non-stop to YQB, morning, midday and evening. So depending on when you arrive, you my have a backup connection. Bottom line, if I were in your shoes I would feel pretty comfortable. We are flying over to Venice in a few months, connecting in Lisbon with a 1 hour 15 minute connection and are OK with that. However, there are 2 later flights should we miss our connection. Hope this helps.

Jack

Thank you Jack. It’s 1 hr 40 mins. It’s good to know that they will be tracking us.  We have to change terminals as well. The confusion is re United having its own airside shuttle Service between terminals and a statement about TSA.

there is a later flight at 7.30 pm - we will certainly be two bleary eyed old birds if we miss the connection as we will have been up since 4am BST - better pack the caffeine😴

Have a great time in Venice - so much to see. Lisbon is fab too but sounds like a flying visit.