Galveston, TX on Elation

Peach Blossom

Need help cruisers. I will be traveling to Galveston, TX in October to sail on the Elation. I'll probably arrive the day before. I need to know about airport transfers from Houston to Galveston. Also, please recommend hotels that we can stay at that are close to the pier or will tranfer to the pier. Are there no airports in Galveston? I'm flying in from Philadelphia.

Should I book my own flight from the cruise line or on my own? All advise will be most welcomed. Thanks.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2003;3;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

icon_smile.gifFlying into Houston you have two airports.

Houston Hobby<about 40 miles from Galveston> and Intercontinental Airport Houston (IAH)<60 or so miles from Galveston. Here are your choices, I bet there are no direct flights from Philly to Hobby. I just flew this route last week that was scheduled at work for business. I had to connect in Atlanta. I am sure that Continental has direct flights into IAH. Me personally, since I just flew the connecting route out of Hobby to Philly and back, I would fly direct into IAH. Too much time taxiing around Philly and Atlanta airports, I could have been in IAH and on my way home if I was on a direct route....and I live 25 miles north of Galveston. It was a very long day of connecting flights. Just to give you an idea of how long....left for Philly airport at 1130am for a 2 pm flight....had a one hour flight layover in Atlanta....arrived at Hobby at

7pm CST.

Places to stay in Galveston? try www.galveston.org

There are many places that offer free shuttle to the cruise terminal. My favorite, close by is the Harbor House. IF, all of your luggage is on wheels and not raining....you could "wheel IT" over to the terminal. The Harbor House is just past the end of the pier...50-100 yards?

Shuttles from the airport.....try

www.galveston.com Go to the TRANSPORTATION link and scroll to the bottom for limo links.

good luck

Inspiration 12/01

Rhapsody of the Seas 08/03

Celebration 12/06/03

Grand Princess 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;12;4;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

icon_smile.gif I'd like to put a plug in for the Harbor House too. We absolutely love this place and will never stay anywhere else. Like the previous poster said, it's right at the pier and only about 5 minutes from the cruise terminal. They let us use their luggage dolly to roll all our luggage to the pier on...so convienent!

Large spacious rooms and a breathtaking view of the pier. You'll be able to see your ship come in the morning of your cruise..what an awesome sight! Do hope you find what your looking for!

~gina~ icon_smile.gif

11/20 Ecstasy cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Just got on Galveston.org to look for availability for Harbor House the night beofre my cruise in June. The site says there is a 2 night minimum stay. Is this just in the summer or is it year round? Does anyone know?

The Treemont House is also right down near there and I have heard great things about them too. We stayed at the Hotel Galvez on the other side of the island and they also offer free shuttle to the pier.

Jim...

Adventure of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Elation - Easter Cruise 2004

RCI Explorer of the Seas - Feb 2003

Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2002

NCL Seaward (AKA Norwegian Sea) - June 1992

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

USS Coontz (DDG-40) - 1988

Say, Peach. Check with Southwest Airlines. They are starting service in Phillie in a big way soon. I haven't seen the schedule yet but as of July 6 they will be flying NON-STOP between PHL and Houston Hobby. Then you're only about 30 minutes from Galveston. Their fares are listed as only $99 each way. Sounds like a great deal. Check their website at

www.southwest.com

Kenster

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

• 3 months later...

Holiday Inn On The Beach, one of the only places that take 1 night reservations. We will be staying there in Dec had no problem booking and the price was right. Also you can park your car for the week free here and they shuttle you to and from. Hope i was able to help.:)

Archived