Alaska RR: Seward to Anchorage: Dinner Served??

SEPyle

We'll be taking the train from Seward to Anchorage. I'm pretty sure I've read this, however want to make sure because someone in our group is diabetic. Is it possible to purchase dinner on the train?

Thanks

Sharon

Yes as already mentioned, there is a dining room on the train that they fill going car to car announcing dinner is "served". But it is simple to just pick up Subway, if needed, plus plenty other fast food options a block or two from the train in Seward. The train also sells, snacks if needed, under the dome seats.

Thanks so much to all of you for your imput! Actually arr.com didn't work, but I found the site at www.alaskarailroad.com. In case anyone else is interested, here's the link to the actual menue on the train. http://www.akrr.com/pdf/PAS_MENU_2005_Coastal_Classic.pdf. It does give some good options, however Subway sure does sound like a great way to save some $'s!

Thanks again!

Sharon

Did I read this correctly? There is a "dome" car on the train from Seward to Anchorage?

Yes as already mentioned, there is a dining room on the train that they fill going car to car announcing dinner is "served". But it is simple to just pick up Subway, if needed, plus plenty other fast food options a block or two from the train in Seward. The train also sells, snacks if needed, under the dome seats.

But it is simple to just pick up Subway, if needed, plus plenty other fast food options a block or two from the train in Seward. The train also sells, snacks if needed, under the dome seats.

What other fast food is here that I've been missing all these years???? :?

What other fast food is here that I've been missing all these years???? :?

Wrong words perhaps. your ice cream shop had snacks, a couple of the stores across from the boat offices had snacks, your gas station had snacks. I guess snacks was the word. :) You can also get take out at the Marina.

Archived