Show Time for Second Seating?

ricka47

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the ship last month. We had early seating at 5:45 and went to the show at 8:30. Late seating went to the show at 6:15 pm. On the days we were at sea, they also offered a matinee in the afternoon (2 pm I think).

:) Disney does 2 shows, 1 for each seating. Late seating offers you more time to shower, relax @ a show, nap. Some of the excursions will put you up against the wall of time for early dinning. A big plus is the dinning room wait staff doesn't rush you off on the late seating. METROWON :)

As a couple with no kids, we've enjoyed sailing on Disney when I've been a guest speaker on board. Part of that enjoyment is the pretty good separation the Disney staff makes in designating kids areas, family areas and adult areas. I'm also please to say that most parents on board are also strict with their own kids about these separate areas. (On one cruise, I actually heard a mother lounging in the adult pool tell her child, "Go back to your own pool. You're not allowed here." I felt like giving her a bouquet of roses!)

However...here's my complaint with Disney presenting their entertainment shows at 6 o'clock for second seating guests. The 6 o'clock shows are filled with kids.

Again, not that I'm against kids, but that's part of picking second seating -- at least there are "fewer" kids there and one can enjoy a more adult experience. But in asking around -- I've met lots of people on board these ships because of my speaking gigs -- it seems that a lot of parents, especially those with really young kids -- can't get into the whole swing of "going to dinner" at first seating every night in one of the restaurants. What they tell me they do instead is go to the show (designated for second seating people) and then just get hamburgers and hot dogs afterwards for the kids, and then put them to bed "at a reasonable hour."

Well, okay as far as that goes, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the separation of the shows and the dinner seatings.

So, my two cents' worth......

Archived