Escape 8738 or 8712

reeinaz

I have an October Baltic cruise booked and currently have cabin 8712 booked. I now see that 8738 is available. Besides the fact that a balcony on an October Baltic cruise likely won't get much use, I'm torn about whether or not to change my cabin to 8738. The perceived cons of my current cabin would be the wind and motion being so far forward. But I like the relative isolation of the location. I also don't mind the lack of privacy from the balconies above. The perceived con of 8738 would be possible noise from the deck below. But again how many people will be playing shuffleboard on this cruise? It also seems like it is even more exposed that 8712 because of the angle, the view from below, and the view from above.  And although 8738 is a larger balcony, I don't think it's as large of a balcony as 8712.

And honestly, I do see myself spending a nice amount of time time lounging on my balcony with a blanket and a hot beverage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have cruised several times in 8738 on Getaway as well as once in 8712. I have 8738 booked on Escape, Breakaway and Encore. There is not much difference in balcony size actually because 8738 is a secret large balcony. However the bridge is not far from you. 8712 you do not see straight down into the water if that is of concern to you. There is about a 1.5 ft metal deck. 

Edited by escentialssoycandles

• 2 months later...