Help choosing inside cabin on the Solstice

Firepath

Newbie here and I'm totally confused about which cabin to choose. The cabin numbers on most reviews don't even exist on Celebrity's own deck plans so are no help. I can choose from level 3 or 7-11 mostly forward and midship. There are a lot of unmarked sections on the plans that without knowing what they are (crew cabins?) I just don't know what to avoid. Any suggestions or should I just choose one, bring ear plugs, and hope for the best?

On our last Celebrity cruise on Silhouette (I believe Solstice has the same deck plan) We had inside cabin 3148. It was really noisy, we managed to move cabins after a couple of days thank goodness.

At night we could hear music playing from the Atrium, then from 5am every morning we heard talking and trolleys being pushed behind our heads. It sounded like someone was in our room.

I will avoid deck 3 in future.

on a previous cruise we were in a forward inside cabin on deck 8 with cabins above and below which was nice and quiet.

30 minutes ago, Notts1964 said:

On our last Celebrity cruise on Silhouette (I believe Solstice has the same deck plan) We had inside cabin 3148. It was really noisy, we managed to move cabins after a couple of days thank goodness.

At night we could hear music playing from the Atrium, then from 5am every morning we heard talking and trolleys being pushed behind our heads. It sounded like someone was in our room.

I will avoid deck 3 in future.

on a previous cruise we were in a forward inside cabin on deck 8 with cabins above and below which was nice and quiet.

That's kind of funny because Celebrity wants to give me the "best available" cabin right now which is 3160, just 3 cabins down from where yours was. I did think level 4 was questionable with most of the inside cabins right below the entertainment area. Thanks for the info. Now I've narrowed it down to decks 7 thru 11.

There us a sticky at the top of this board that contains a spreadsheet with cabin information. Click on the spreadsheet link in the first post:  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/863876-s-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

My preference is always to have cabins above and below my cabin. Although we never book inside cabins, I'd look for one with cabins on either side as well. The blank areas on the deck plans are crew only areas. They could be crew cabins, but could also be storage areas, crew passageways/stairs, or work or equipment areas. Nice to find a cabin not adjacent to one of these if you can.

24 minutes ago, mom says said:

There us a sticky at the top of this board that contains a spreadsheet with cabin information. Click on the spreadsheet link in the first post:  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/863876-s-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

My preference is always to have cabins above and below my cabin. Although we never book inside cabins, I'd look for one with cabins on either side as well. The blank areas on the deck plans are crew only areas. They could be crew cabins, but could also be storage areas, crew passageways/stairs, or work or equipment areas. Nice to find a cabin not adjacent to one of these if you can.

I did look at the sticky and hardly any of the cabin numbers reviewed even exist on the Celebrity website deck plan, so it's not possible to even tell where they were located. I don't think I'm doing something wrong but may be.

2 hours ago, Firepath said:

I did look at the sticky and hardly any of the cabin numbers reviewed even exist on the Celebrity website deck plan, so it's not possible to even tell where they were located. I don't think I'm doing something wrong but may be.

I've never had a problem, unless my specific cabin hadn't been reviewed, in which case I just looked at the review for the nearest cabin. I just checked a handful of random cabin numbers on the spreadsheet and always found the cabin on the deck plan. But you also need to check which deck it's on. You can't always tell by the cabin number. For example 1002 is on Deck 10, but 1602 is on Deck 11.

• Like 1