Rainforest aerial tram

ppfqp

Is the rainforest aerial tram at Braulio Carrillo National Park worthwhile from Limon? It seems like a very long bus ride (3 hours) and I am wondering if the experience is worth the long journey. Thanks for any insight!

Edited by ppfqp

I have not been on this tour, but can tell you that 32 is pretty torn up with construction and back in Feb it took me 6 hours to go from San Jose to Puerto Viejo and it normally takes me 4.  That was in a car with the ability to pass people.  There are lots of neat things to do closer to Limon, but only you can decide if it is worth it to spend half your time in a bus to see the forest and volcano.  The country side and drive is definitely pretty though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 7:27 PM, ppfqp said:

Is the rainforest aerial tram at Braulio Carrillo National Park worthwhile from Limon? It seems like a very long bus ride (3 hours) and I am wondering if the experience is worth the long journey. Thanks for any insight!

Just returned and yes the highway (32)is under construction for several more years. We really liked our tour. Our tour guide (Denis)made the bus portion not seem like too long as he was very good and full of information.

Somewhere I have the exact time of the portion on the bus I kept great notes. Our tour - Princess-we did the tram, lunch , and nature walk and we loved it all.  It was at Rainforest Adventure Park. My phone photos say it’s Braulio Park,it abuts it.

We only had 20 people on our tour- it was great. At about 7:25 AM we were on the bus and it had a restroom and by 9:55 AM we were at rainforest adventures.

We left rainforest adventures at 1:20 PM and we arrived at the pier at 3:45 PM .