Formal nights on the Mariner- Eastern

wyattm

We just got back from the 1/22-29 Eastern on the Mariner and the formal nights were Monday and Friday. Also, there was no Smart Casual attire suggested on this cruise. There were 2 formal nights and 5 casual nights.

You're kidding. I've got my wardrobe all planned, have instructed others on the meaning of "smart casual", and now no smart casual?

I'll have fun no matter what I wear, but I need to know what to pack. I just went on the RCCL site and they still say 2 formal, 1 smart casual and the remainder casual on a 7 night cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
We just got back from the 1/22-29 Eastern on the Mariner and the formal nights were Monday and Friday. Also, there was no Smart Casual attire suggested on this cruise. There were 2 formal nights and 5 casual nights.

If there are no SMART Casual Nights, Can anyone confirm if there are any theme nights on the Mariner Eastern?

Well, it was a year ago, but our formal nights on our 3/6 cruise were Monday and Friday. Friday was lobster night.

I just pulled out my cruise compasses.... Tuesday was "Smart Casual or Decade Attire". Wed was "Casual or Colorful Caribbean night". Thursday was "Casual Attire". Saturday was "Casual Attire". I honestly didn't think there was a "smart casual", but my compass said otherwise. However, how can they say "smart casual" (tie & jacket for men and dress or pantsuit for women) AND "Decade Attire" (poodle skirt, baby blue leisure suit or hot pants?) for the same night?

Oh heck, pack what you want and go have a ball!!

What was the main entree item on the formal nights? Is one of them the lobster night?

When we sailed in October, Lobster night was on the last formal night (Friday). Don't be fooled though, they call it something different. I didn't realize it was lobster night until we got into the dining room...I think it was called the Fisherman's...something.

If there are no SMART Casual Nights, Can anyone confirm if there are any theme nights on the Mariner Eastern?

We did the Eastern Run on the 5th., there was only one theme day at the Dinning and that was on Wendsday. They did a Carribean theme and tied it in to the sail-away from St. Thomas. Nothing special, just most everyone wearing flowered shirts....... ;) The menu was carribean based, but nothing else was done special in the dinning room for dinner.

We did the Eastern Run on the 5th., there was only one theme day at the Dinning and that was on Wendsday. They did a Carribean theme and tied it in to the sail-away from St. Thomas. Nothing special, just most everyone wearing flowered shirts....... ;) The menu was carribean based, but nothing else was done special in the dinning room for dinner.

Thanks to everyone who took time to answer!

Archived