Drinks Upgrade

rickpo

33 minutes ago, rickpo said:

Hi, just wondering if you have to upgrade on the first day or can it be done on the second or third day?

Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, rickpo said:

Hi, just wondering if you have to upgrade on the first day or can it be done on the second or third day?

Thanks in advance.

Hi I think they charge you for the week so if you upgrade later than the first day you will still be charged for it. I have not seen the staff try it to sell the package after the first day. Perhaps one of the regulars on here can verify. 👍

You can only upgrade on the first day or the benefit is really not worth it as same price if you do upgrade later on the cruise.

So if you did on day three of seven then you will have to drink at least 5 premium drinks worth £2.50 a day, just to break even.

IMHO, it's not worth doing unless done for the whole week. 

I didn't upgrade and just bought the odd extra drink at premium rate if I fancied that choice. I spend less than £10 on extra drinks as the Normal AI is quiet a good range.

We were on in July and they did the hard sell on day 1 and then again on day 7 as it seemed to be sold as a seven day package.

We had booked it before boarding and found it well worth while just for the wines which were very good quality on the premium package. 

2 hours ago, SausPud said:

You can only upgrade on the first day or the benefit is really not worth it as same price if you do upgrade later on the cruise.

So if you did on day three of seven then you will have to drink at least 5 premium drinks worth £2.50 a day, just to break even.

IMHO, it's not worth doing unless done for the whole week. 

I didn't upgrade and just bought the odd extra drink at premium rate if I fancied that choice. I spend less than £10 on extra drinks as the Normal AI is quiet a good range.

Not necessarily SP if you like prosecco Gold its £6 extra if you are not on the premium and we like it!

We upgrade even though my husband drinks very little alcohol due to medical issues.  We more than get our money back in coffees at the Coffee Port and prefer our soft drinks in cans rather than from a pump or bottle which we often found to be flat; the bottle of water per day in your cabin is also useful.