St. Vincent?

39august

Cruise Critic’s parent—TripAdvisor—is often the more comprehensive  resource in addressing inquiries such as yours...

Just looked and they do have suggestions as to things to do/see on St Vincent...  At times, reading tour descriptions can be a springboard to your thinking even if you choose to explore on your own...

To the best of my knowledge, tourism at St Vincent—particularly by cruise ship—is relatively undeveloped compared to other Caribbean destinations...

Hello, we've been to St Vincent a few times via cruise ship. You dock straight into the town of Kingstown, this is a very traditional Caribbean town with none of main Caribbean tourist shops (i.e no diamond international!). You can get a water taxi over to villa / Indian beach for $15 approx. per person return. The water taxi are quite high speed. Once there you can purchase 2 chairs and umbrella for $20-30. There are vendors selling drinks. You can also get a water taxi from there over to young island, we have never done this and from what I've read it depends whether they will allow you to use any of the chairs in the resort. Another option is the botanical gardens, ships tours often visit, but you can walk (approx. 30mins and uphill slightly) or get a taxi. The gardens were free (it was a few years ago when we last visited the gardens) but you pay a guide a small donation take you around the gardens. We have never taken an independent taxi in St Vincent so I can't comment on that but have done 2 scenic cruise excursions, which we enjoyed as St Vincent is beautiful.

Hope you enjoy you visit.

You're welcome. Definitely possible to walk if you don't mind the heat and slight incline, but not strenuous. I believe we walked up north river road (passing multiple churches) and then onto the highway - you can see route options on google maps. As we got closer I think there were signs but don't remember any signs to start with. 

When we were on St Vincent in January we went on the Vermont Nature Trail Hike, one of Celebrity’s own excursions. Be aware that this is a difficult trek up and down hill through rainforest with many uneven steps and slopes so I wouldn’t recommend it if you  are at all unsteady on your feet. A few of the people in our group struggled. To be fair it was described as “Strenuous” - and it lived up to its billing!