Secrets Wild Orchid resort in Montego Bay

PlanoTim

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, YungCruzVet said:

I'm a late response but my husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon a few years back. What kind of info are you looking for it's not too late.

Hi, YungCruzVet.  Thanks for responding.  We are considering a resort-for-a-day type visit here in early February.  Just hoping to get some feedback on the public spaces (pool, beach, bars, etc.).  How was the food and service when you were there?

Thanks,

Tim

The resort itself is pretty nice. There are two "sides" that you'll have access to, each has it's own pool, and each pool has it's own swim up bar. There are also two other bar huts, one on each side that have swings you can sit on for fun pictures. If you're beach people, I wouldn't recommend. The property is on a peninsula that almost seems man made, so their "beach" front is kind of a joke. Service is wonderful, granted it's been a couple years since I was there. Food, assuming you'd have full access, is great. Lunch was our favorite meal of the day there. They have a jerk chicken cart, that goes around (daily if I remember correctly) and it's pretty tasty. There's a hut near the beach that serves Jamaican patties (a must try) burgers (would not recommend), hot dogs, nachos etc. They have an open air restaurant by the Wild Orchid pool that serves MTO wraps (our FAVORITE!) fries and a small salad bar. There's also the classic buffet which has a nice MTO pasta bar, salads, and other options. It is a very chill resort (ie. I've been places where the staff is doing contest and things all day, here it's more pick you slice of paradise and just relax). If you are looking to relax, by a pool, and graze on food all day I'd highly recommend. If you'd looking for activities, and the beach I'd look elsewhere. 

Hope this helps. Also feel free to ask additional questions!

9 hours ago, YungCruzVet said:

The resort itself is pretty nice. There are two "sides" that you'll have access to, each has it's own pool, and each pool has it's own swim up bar. There are also two other bar huts, one on each side that have swings you can sit on for fun pictures. If you're beach people, I wouldn't recommend. The property is on a peninsula that almost seems man made, so their "beach" front is kind of a joke. Service is wonderful, granted it's been a couple years since I was there. Food, assuming you'd have full access, is great. Lunch was our favorite meal of the day there. They have a jerk chicken cart, that goes around (daily if I remember correctly) and it's pretty tasty. There's a hut near the beach that serves Jamaican patties (a must try) burgers (would not recommend), hot dogs, nachos etc. They have an open air restaurant by the Wild Orchid pool that serves MTO wraps (our FAVORITE!) fries and a small salad bar. There's also the classic buffet which has a nice MTO pasta bar, salads, and other options. It is a very chill resort (ie. I've been places where the staff is doing contest and things all day, here it's more pick you slice of paradise and just relax). If you are looking to relax, by a pool, and graze on food all day I'd highly recommend. If you'd looking for activities, and the beach I'd look elsewhere. 

Hope this helps. Also feel free to ask additional questions!

Thanks for posting, YungCruzVet.  This is exactly the information I was interested in.  I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Tim