Just got my room assignment/could it be any worse?

tennislvr

That's funny you complain about something that we try to be near. We always try and book our room near the elevator.

If your not happy with your room, I guess you have learned your lesson about the guaranteed oceanview. Pay extra, pick your own room.

I see where you say that you are "new to this".........so, I must say that you have no idea how lucky you are to get a cabin so close to the elevators. Actually, we always request those cabins. You are going to be fine. Trust me, you will be so glad you have this cabin by the end of the cruise. Go have fun. The noise will NOT be an issue from the elevator...... just pray that you don't have a rowdy bunch of kids on the other side of the wall. That is where you will have a problem.

This room assignment thing isn't a deal breaker = and yes, I could be stuck at work. I just hate being "duped" by a cruise line in to getting the worse room on the deck, but from what you have said, it doesn't look so bad after all.

As others have indicated you definitely did not get the worse(sic) room on the deck, and you certainly weren't "duped" by the cruise line.

It pays to be attentive when you are making vacation decisions and perhaps this is a case where doing it on your own wasn't your best course of action. Consulting with someone with cruise experience could have saved you a lot of unnecessary worry and consternation.

Archived