Frustrated with Allianz .. Looking for Options

JayhawkFans

We have always insured our trips thru Allianz Global Assistance.  We always paid what was requested and never had to file a claim.  When we booked our January 2020 cruise, we again took out a policy within the required minimum number of days to get full coverage with right to work, etc.  Fast forward to August when MIL became ill and we knew she couldn't cruise in January.  Sent in required documents and Allianz sent out a refund check right away .. no questions asked.  Now that we have paid another $5,000 towards the final payment I called Allianz to increase our coverage and they are telling me that because we had a claim filed and my in-laws were not "removed" from the policy that we have to start all over with a new policy and can no longer get coverage for pre-existing conditions and right to work.  We own our own business and while we don't anticipate not being able to travel, if something catastrophic happened we would be forced to cancel.  "Pre-existing" was really only needed for in-laws and they are no longer going ... Our total cruise cost will be around $8,500 .. that's too much to loose if we have to cancel for weather or similar delays in January .. any suggestions on somewhere else to turn for coverage????

Most important thing

Are you past final payment?

If not, I believe that CSA Freestyle will still offer Pre-existing condition waiver.

If you are past final payment, your only option that I can think of would be to go with whatever policy the cruiseline offers Those policies are usually low on medical ($10K) and low on evac ($25K) but usually includes a Cancel For Any Reason