Pineapple Beach

bauerdogs

we were there in december and it is probably the best VALUE of anything we've ever done while on a cruise. the cab took about 1/2 hour and i don't remember how much it cost but we arranged with the driver to pick us up at 3:30 and paid on the way back.

all reservations were done online and when you get there there is a short "check in" process where you pay and get a bracelet. pineapple beach is an all inclusive resort. there is no way to distinguish you from their regular guests. ALL FOOD IS FREE....ALL DRINKS ARE FREE AND YOU CAN USE ALL THE FACILITIES.

if you get there early....you can have their breakfast buffet. go swimming in the sea, sit on their gorgeous beach, swim in their adult only lap pool or swim in their beautiful pool for everyone.

choices for lunch......buffet, mary's bar b que, or a burger from their snack bar....or ALL OF THE ABOVE. DID I MENTION THAT THIS IS ALL INCLUDED???!!! and....... all drinks are included. we had a spectacular day and would do it again in a heartbeat.

We did the day pass last week. Although the beach is very nice we did not think the food was anything that great. Our feeling was for the amount of money{both resort and taxi} you could find a nice beach for less money.

Yes they do have places on the beach selling the usual beach stuff. You must pay $20 up front per towel which they return when you return the towel. I suppose if you really drink a lot during the day it might be OK. We just were not that impressed. Just my opinion.

Hi! We will be on Antigua on April 17 and after all the positive comment about Pinapple Beach we would like to go there. A couple of questions - did you have to contact the resort before the trip to confirm that you would be able to get a day pass? Cost? And (very important to us!) was there any good snorkeling at the beach? Thanks!!

Gene

Hi! We will be on Antigua on April 17 and after all the positive comment about Pinapple Beach we would like to go there. A couple of questions - did you have to contact the resort before the trip to confirm that you would be able to get a day pass? Cost? And (very important to us!) was there any good snorkeling at the beach? Thanks!!

Gene

We will be going there Monday Feb. 13th--will tell you all about it than. Yes, we made reservations over the internet for the days passes. Ron

This link will take you directly to the day stay information. In addition to all the other helpful information, I hope this is also a help!:)

www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass

Caribbean2000,

The day we were there the weather was beautiful, but the ocean had some pretty nice waves rolling in. I had a pretty close eye on my wife as she went in for a swim. As you know, everyday can bring a different set of conditions. I would not call it one of the best locations to snorkle from, but on our visit, once you got out of the surf say 50 to 75 feet off the beach you could see fish without having to worry about a wave dragging you into the sand. The location to snorkle would not be from this hotel but way down at the other end of the beach in front of another restaurant/bar location. Sorry that I don't know the name of it. It would be about a 12to 15 minute walk on the sand to get there.

Archived