If you had to choose: St.Paul de Vence or Eze?

UK1, thansk you for all teh great information. My husband and I really do enjoy being with each other. We have not yet found a tour for Athens so I am working on that, we already have one set up for Naples.

Rome I do not expect to see in a day; Other than going into the museums I am looking forward to actually being there, seeing the buildings, the ruins, smelling the ambiance enjoying the sights Sitting at a cafe people watching,enjoying authentic foods..

I had no idea about the Vatican though. Any suggestions on Santorini??

Some people your Santorini - but from what you've said I'd use it to chill!

So far as Rome is concerned - I urge you to seriously consider Ostia Antica as mentioned before. You can go straight from the port or a train from Rome takes you straight there.

I know that there's so much on the "must see list" in Rome itself that needs to be "done". If you can get into Rome early a possibility is a booked informal tour. The AMEX office use to have a wonderful elderly lady who had a stick who knew everything about Rome named Gabriella. She also knew all the best Parma Ham and Pamasen cheese shops!

Unless you're early the forum can be a bit of a waste of time and if you aren't early enough for the Vatican museum - then miss it. Just go into the Vatican itself and see some of the marble statues etc. You can't miss Michaelangelo's Pieta:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Michelangelo%20Pieta%20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

If you have an overnight stay in Rome - then a late night place - once again not really known even by Romans is a place called Alpheus. It's in a industrial area with from memory 5 music stages all going at the same time. So on any evening you might catch blues and salsa and folk - perhaps some flamenco or something - but loads going on. Starts at around 11pm and finishes when it gets light. I have been known to take my wife to Rome for a night at Alpheus

http://www.alpheus.it/

Hope you enjoy Rome.

Archived