VRBO AirBB pre/post miami ot Ft. lauderdale

Mooguy

Has anyone done a VRBO pre cruise in the South Florida area?  Was looking and there are what seem to be some really nice one and two bedroom condos in, some in the high rises for prices comparable or even less then a lot of the main steam hotels in the area.

I just booked a condo with AirBnB for 5 adults. Way cheaper than getting a hotel.  It's in the Brickell neighborhood of Miami. I like the fact that it's a condo and not just a hotel room with 2 beds! Couldn't beat the price!

4 hours ago, pmoniz said:

I just booked a condo with AirBnB for 5 adults. Way cheaper than getting a hotel.  It's in the Brickell neighborhood of Miami. I like the fact that it's a condo and not just a hotel room with 2 beds! Couldn't beat the price!

Be extremely careful here in Brickell with AirBnB as the majority of condos in high rises do not allow this.  We have had instances of people getting caught and turned away without a roof over their head As a matter of fact, there is now a plaque at our lobby desks highlighting just this.  Fobs are turned off, fines are given and if it's a tenant and not an owner that is doing the AirBnB the lease is terminated. 

If you want to give me the name of the building you are in, I can probably tell you if it's a "legal" listing. There are a couple of buildings where the documents were not drafted properly and they have issues with this exact thing.

11 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Be extremely careful here in Brickell with AirBnB as the majority of condos in high rises do not allow this.  We have had instances of people getting caught and turned away without a roof over their head As a matter of fact, there is now a plaque at our lobby desks highlighting just this.  Fobs are turned off, fines are given and if it's a tenant and not an owner that is doing the AirBnB the lease is terminated. 

If you want to give me the name of the building you are in, I can probably tell you if it's a "legal" listing. There are a couple of buildings where the documents were not drafted properly and they have issues with this exact thing.

Well that's scary! I've never had issue with any Airbnb or VRBO property rented.  I believe the name of the building is Caoba?  They have several listings in the same building. Yes, any info you have I will take for sure!  There would be some serious issues if I got to a place I'm staying and wasn't allowed in - that's for sure!  Thank you again!

1 hour ago, pmoniz said:

Well that's scary! I've never had issue with any Airbnb or VRBO property rented.  I believe the name of the building is Caoba?  They have several listings in the same building. Yes, any info you have I will take for sure!  There would be some serious issues if I got to a place I'm staying and wasn't allowed in - that's for sure!  Thank you again!

Caoba is actually the first of the condo buildings to open in the Miami World Center which is in downtown Miami, not Brickell. It'a It's right by the Brightline/Virgin train stop.  It's a lease only building I believe, meaning there is not Condo board and the leasing office has obviously decided to lease out some units as a hotel style unit. 

It's close to the tri-rail stop and the Wilkie D Ferguson Metromover stop there as well as the Virgin train station in Miami.

Miami world Center is going to be amazing when it's finished.  It's a little quiet in the area at night so just be very aware of your surroundings.  We did the bright line a few months back coming home at 11;30 PM and walked over to the Metro mover stop mentioned to get back to Brickell.  Next time I will get an Uber. 

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Caoba is actually the first of the condo buildings to open in the Miami World Center which is in downtown Miami, not Brickell. It'a It's right by the Brightline/Virgin train stop.  It's a lease only building I believe, meaning there is not Condo board and the leasing office has obviously decided to lease out some units as a hotel style unit. 

It's close to the tri-rail stop and the Wilkie D Ferguson Metromover stop there as well as the Virgin train station in Miami.

Miami world Center is going to be amazing when it's finished.  It's a little quiet in the area at night so just be very aware of your surroundings.  We did the bright line a few months back coming home at 11;30 PM and walked over to the Metro mover stop mentioned to get back to Brickell.  Next time I will get an Uber. 

Yes, I apologize, it isn't in Brickell! Thank you so much for that information! Very helpful.  Yes, I was thinking using Uber as our transportation.