maybe someone..

greg randall

can help me with a question...i made the cruise reservations and my parents are listed as guests...they have a cat 11 and get preferential boarding in the skippers club..unfortunately, i dont..will carnival allow me to go through with my parents or will they be firm with policy and make go through the process and have me meet them when they already have a drink in their hand..ha

I've read reports that in some cases the passengers with Skippers Club asked if they could board with the person who they were traveling with and it was allowed even though the other people weren't in a suite. They have to have some arrangement for this, I mean when a couple books themselves into a suite and the kids into an inside cabin they can't just make the kids go through the regular line. It can't hurt to ask.

They have to have some arrangement for this, I mean when a couple books themselves into a suite and the kids into an inside cabin they can't just make the kids go through the regular line.

Thats exactly what we did. My wife and I were in a Cat 11 and the kids were in a cabin directly across the hall. The kids did not pay for the privlidge to use the Skippers Club, therefore my wife and stood in line just like everyone else.

Using your scenerio, if mom and dad pay to get upgraded to first class on the airplane, do the kids automatically get upgraded? Or does mom and dad just sit with the kids back in coach?

Thats exactly what we did. My wife and I were in a Cat 11 and the kids were in a cabin directly across the hall. The kids did not pay for the privlidge to use the Skippers Club, therefore my wife and stood in line just like everyone else.

Using your scenerio, if mom and dad pay to get upgraded to first class on the airplane, do the kids automatically get upgraded? Or does mom and dad just sit with the kids back in coach?

Was that because you were told that you could not embark together? My only point was that it can't hurt to ask. The OP wanted to know how it would be handled...Clearly we don't know exactly what will happen, but even if they didn't "pay for the privilege" of Skipper's Club, I have read of others using it this way in the past.

And I don't see how standing in line to get on a ship is equivalent to being upgraded on a flight. Maybe if you were talking about the first class check in they have at airline counters, but still, it usually takes substantially longer to board a ship than it does to check in for a flight. When you add all that time (I've stood in line to board a ship for up to 3 hours!) you really start thinking about ways to save a little bit of time.

Another thing for the OP to consider is that (from what I read) sometimes the regular line moves faster than the Skipper's Club line. Might want to make that call when you get to the terminal and see how many others are trying to board at the same time. Just a thought.

We have used the Skippers Club in Tampa--we had a suite. Our friend traveling with us had an inside.

It wasnt crowded, so we asked if he could check in with us. The Carnival rep said "no problem"

Now if it had been crowded, I wouldnt have even asked.

This does not make any sense to me. I am assuming your kids are under age and they are traveling with you. Therefore, YOU paid the bill on the cruise -- both cabins -- therefore your entire party should have been able to use the Skipper's Club privileges. I think you just wasted one of the best perks of being in a suite!

If the kids are adults and can check in by themselves, surely then they could have waited in the long line and you and your wife check in in Skipper's Club?

I know if I have the privilege to use priority embarkation, I am going to do everything in my power to use it! :)

I recently book Cat 11 and my Carnival TA said they rest of the

party could board with us. Is she wrong? :confused:

I know sometimes they say what you want to hear not what may or may not happen.:)

Thanks

Well, if you resemble your avatar you will have no problemo with your request.:cool:

I am booked in a Cat 11 with my wife and my kids are across the hall in an inside cabin. They will be boarding with us via Skippers Club, as they always do.

Archived