Empress OTS... pros/cons?

2 hours ago, DavidinFLL said:

An update:  I have booked the Dec. 6 Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Empress.  This will be my first B2B and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've looked for a thread devoted to B2B cruises, but haven't found one.  These two cruises will cover the Eastern and Western Caribbean for a full 14 nights.  I've been to all the ports before except for Puerto Plata, DR and Tortola, BVI.

Any suggestions on excursions in these two parts?

We did the Baths in Tortola.  Absolutely gorgeous! 

On 4/13/2020 at 8:57 AM, LXA350 said:

Since Cuba was the absolute highlight for such cruises, RCL saw at the time that since there really the destination is the highlight and not the ship you could do with a old ship. Now that Cuba is gone ...

Reminder that there is an election coming up in the US in November, and if there is a regime change, I would expect Cuba cruises to start up in late 2021, or as soon as everything can get ramped up again. 

I went to Cuba on both the Majesty and the Empress (she was first) and given a choice, I'd choose Majesty. 

Hold the flames and opinions on Cuba,  just stating a fact.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Reminder that there is an election coming up in the US in November, and if there is a regime change, I would expect Cuba cruises to start up in late 2021, or as soon as everything can get ramped up again. 

I went to Cuba on both the Majesty and the Empress (she was first) and given a choice, I'd choose Majesty. 

I wouldn’t mind and would actually love to see Cuba.

But on the political side, Cuba still supports countries like Venezuela where their citizens have to flee for the lack of living qualities.

Regime change? Go back to the previous regime? With corrupt FBI, DOJ and the previous administration? 
No thanks. I will not support or want Cuba to profit from Americans.

Also, my opinion and facts that I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelinmoma said:

We did the Baths in Tortola.  Absolutely gorgeous! 

I've been thinking about doing the Baths.  I still have lots of time to decide.  When in a new port, I like to explore and maybe have lunch in a nice local restaurant.  I'm not into the shopping, as I can do all of that at home.

Thanks for your suggestion!

2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I visited Havana in April of '19 aboard the NCL Sun; 2 nights in port.  I enjoyed it very much and really want to go back.  I understand the political side of it all; I won't get into it any further.  I have loved the Majesty for years and hope to develop a new love for the Empress.