Sea Food buffet

rdr525

On 10/29/2019 at 5:19 PM, MissP22 said:

It's hard to say. They had cold lobster on the crossing for lunch, they had hot lobster thermidor on the Oct 8th sailing for dinner and nothing for the Oct 18 sailing.

Let us know about the 28th.  

Nothing on the 28th either.  The chef said they did not get any loaded at the turnaround in Fort Lauderdale.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Shucked/opened oysters on the half shell are displayed on a bed of ice and eaten that way. I like them with a cocktail sauce made with a liberal amount of horseradish and ketchup. Not really sure how to describe the taste but if they are truly fresh  IMO they are very good. As with Escargot they are definitely not for everybody.  Princess has not had these (oysters) in the past because they are difficult to keep fresh during a cruise. I have never seen fresh oysters on the half shell on Princess. Thats why I keep asking were they fresh on the half shell. I hope so. Rockefeller type are baked with cheese etc. I hope they are fresh as I want to have them on my cruise along with my order of escargot.

Oysters a must try at least once.

I love smoked oysters and Oysters Rockefeller but also love escargots.   To me, they have a similar texture but a lot less fishy than mussels ... or maybe I've never had good mussels.  If you like all those foods listed, you might just like oysters.  

PS ... I haven't eaten them raw but not because I think they would taste bad but because my sister is a microbiologist and has me worried about consuming raw shellfish.