Barcelona disembark-luggage??

Daneite

We are disembarking the Legend in Barcelona in October and do not fly home until nearly 6pm, we have telephoned the airline and we cannot check our luggage in until 2 hours before the flight. Has anyone any ideas what we can do with our luggage until it is time to go the airport? We will be disembarking at the latest 9.30am and really do not want to go and sit in the airport all day!! I have tried emailing a few hotels in Barcelona to see if we could have a day room but they have all chosen to ignore me! We thought of taking up Seabourns transfer but not sure if they will just take us straight to the airport?? Anyone know or have other ideas what we can do?

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,

Maybe Seabourn offers a city-tour of Barcelona that you can sign up for. We did that in Lisbon last year and it killed plenty of time. I would also enquire with Seabourn about the transfers. Also in Lisbon last year, people who were booked on evening flights using Seabourn's transfers were brought to a lounge at Le Meridien hotel for the day rather than being taken to the airport immediately.

Thanks Matt,

We have always "done our own thing" but have either stayed a couple of days or flown earlier, I do not know what I was thinking when I booked this flight!! I will contact Seabourn to see what they say, although we do not seem to get a great deal of sense out of them here in the UK! It would be great if they could fill in the time for us! I was under the impression they would just "dump" us at the airport.

Kathryn

Daneite,

This is exactly the senario faced by myself in Barcelona in August 2005.

I was on the Silversea Silver Shadow and had a six o'clock flight to the UK.

I asked the Concierge to keep my luggage for me and that meant that I did not have to pack the night before,which was great.I got off the ship and had most of the day touring around the city and returned to the ship,had a change of clothing,collected my luggage and the Concierge got me a Taxi from the quay within five minutes, and I was off to the Airport.

Simple!! :cool:

>"Also in Lisbon last year, people who were booked on evening flights using Seabourn's transfers were brought to a lounge at Le Meridien hotel for the day rather than being taken to the airport immediately."

While I was not leaving the ship, I took the city tour and there were many others who did and then were dropped off at a centrally located hotel (On Las Ramblas, I think) to wait or whatever until it was time to get to the airport.

Archived