Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Miami?

kg66

The Intercontinental is just South of Bay Market, about 5-10 minutes from the cruiseship terminal depending on traffic. It's a gorgeous hotel, and considered safe in the downtown area. The hotel grounds adjoin the market's grounds. Bayside is home to the Hardrock, Bubba Gump's, Hooters and a host of other eateries as well as stores and a marina. Directly accross the street (west) of Bayside is a Holiday Inn. I've stayed there a couple of times. I feel its safe, much cheaper than the Intercontinental, and for one night it will do just fine. I'm sailing on the Sun the first week in April and have booked the Intercontinental on the way our and the Holiday Inn on the way home. Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.;)

In November before my Jewel cruise, my sister and I stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The hotel is very nice and you can ask for a room with a view of the pier. They have a cruise package that gives you a drink in the evening from the bar, buffet breakfast, the room and a ride to the pier in the morning.

We got up early and looked out the window and watched the Jewel pull into port.

I've always had luck on priceline. The Hyatt for $45.00 a night. Have stayed at the Holiday Inn (across from Bayside) and it's your average hotel room, nothing fancy or fantastic, but average. Intercontinental is nice and the Hyatt.

If you go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com it gives you tips and pointers on bidding on priceline. I've always had good luck doing that. If you just want to check out the hotels in what areas, it's good just to get that info also. Takes a little work but worth it.

I would give priceline or Travelocity a shot. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Biscayne in mid December. It was clean, fairly nice sized rooms and right across from the Bay Market which made it nice. The service was just so so and the restaurant very limited hours, but for just a night or two the price was right. I did want to say, do not expect to get anything close to what BeachbumMama got if you are going during high season: high season is the day or so prior to Christmas and lasts until right after Easter, regardless of when Easter is. The rates will be very high. If getting a lower rate is an issue you may want to try staying closer to the airport. There is a super nice Hilton as well as Hampton Inn and Embassy Suites, just to mention a few. They will be less than staying near the pier. Either way you will have to pay a taxi. Just some thoughts NMNita

Just booked the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Miami from priceline for $110.00. I know this is high but it is in Jun 2006. I started off with $80.00 and went up, using the 3* level. We are flying in on Friday afternoon and will be enjoying Bayside that night. We are booked on the RCL Navigator of the Seas for Jun 10-17th. Hope this helps.

Downtown Miami hotels, closest to the Port of Miami and Bayside Marketplace... http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

JW Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miajw

Hyatt Regency... http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Intercontinental... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/miaha?irs=null

Biscayne Bay Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miabb

Conrad International... http://conradhotels.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIACICI

Four Seasons... http://www.fourseasons.com/miami/index.html

Mandarin Oriental... http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/526000001.asp

Marriott Courtyard (budget priced)... http://www.miamicourtyard.com/

Extended Stay America (budget priced, with Publix & Walgreens a block away)... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/miami-brickell-port-of-miami.html

Holiday Inn Bayside/Port of Miami (for the budget minded)... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/miabb

Just booked the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Miami from priceline for $110.00. I know this is high but it is in Jun 2006. I started off with $80.00 and went up, using the 3* level. We are flying in on Friday afternoon and will be enjoying Bayside that night. We are booked on the RCL Navigator of the Seas for Jun 10-17th. Hope this helps.

Also was just successful in securing the Hyatt Regency on Priceline for a pre cruise stay June 3 before the inaugural sailing of Freedom of the seas. I had bid previously a high of $106.00 and had been trying for two months. Tonight I started at $105.00 and they counter offered and said if I raise my bid by $22.00 I would have a 4 star hotel... I used a free rebid and only raised my bid by $5.00 and was able to get the Hyatt Regency.... I am happy with this but sure was a far cry from my Priceline success in 2003 for the Hyatt...$27.00 :p

So now I have a pre cruise and a successful bid for a post cruise stay in South beach Royal Palms for $70.00 thanks to priceline.

Emmy

Does anyone know of a hotel in Miami where you can stay and leave your car while you are cruising?

The downtown hotels do not offer this option. You can however at these hotels:

Holiday Inn

CORAL GABLES-BUSINESS DISTRICT

The Holiday Inn Coral Gables is a quaint and modern 168 room property located in the heart of the Coral Gables Business District. The hotel in conveniently situated just three miles south of Miami International Airport and two miles from the University of Miami. The world famous Miracle Mile is less than a mile away from the front door.

Park, Stay, and Fly Rates from $75.00 (7 days Parking)

Click Here to Make Reservations

img15.gif

Crowne Plaza Hotel

MIAMI-INTL ARPT (LEJEUNE CTR)

Convenience, comfort and a high level of personal service make the Crowne Plaza Miami International Airport an ideal destination for business and leisure travelers. With 304 modern guestrooms equipped with high speed internet access as of March 2004.

Park, Stay, and Fly Rates from $99.00 (7 days Parking)

img15.gif

Holiday Inn Express

MIAMI-ARPT CTRL-MIAMI SPRINGS

Sunburst Hospitality Platinium Award Winning Hotel. We are located 1.5 miles from Miami Int'l Airport with free scheduled shuttle service on a daily daily basis (24 hours) We have 2 shuttle vans, one is blue with logo and 2nd is is pink/white/teal, it IS NOT green-please call for shuttle pick-up.

Park, Stay, and Fly Rates from $89.95 (7 days Parking)

img15.gif

Hampton Inn & Suites

777 NW 57th Avenue

Miami, FL 33126

Room Rate:

7 Days of Parking.

Apr 15-Dec 31

$139.00 Any Day of the Week

Jan 1 - Apr 14

$159.00 Any Day of the Week.

Up to 4 people.

img15.gif

Embassy Suite Miami International Airport

3974 NW S. River Drive

Miami, FL 33142

Room Rate:

7 Days of Parking.

$179.99 2Feb-31Mar

$139.99 1Apr-30Sep

$159.99 1Oct-31Dec

Up to 2 people.

img15.gif

Summerfield Suites by Wyndham Miami

5710 Blue Lagoon Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Room Rate:

10 Days of Parking

Oct 1 - Dec 31

$109.95 One Bedroom Suite

$149.95 Two Bedroom Suite

Jan 1 - May 30

$139.95 One Bedroom Suite

$179.95 Two Bedroom Suite

Up to 4&6 people.

For those of you who have the Hyatt for upcoming stays - just be sure to inspect the room. I stayed there yesterday for post-cruise (priceline). The room had lots of mold and poor housekeeping. Something that is apparently common for this hotel per the front desk. I sent pictures to the Manager of the hotel today and he will be addressing this with the head of housekeeping. Overall though its an ok place for pre-post cruise stay as far as location. Next time though I'll try again for the Sofitel at the airport - it was very nice.

For those of you who have the Hyatt for upcoming stays - just be sure to inspect the room. I stayed there yesterday for post-cruise (priceline). The room had lots of mold and poor housekeeping. Something that is apparently common for this hotel per the front desk. I sent pictures to the Manager of the hotel today and he will be addressing this with the head of housekeeping. Overall though its an ok place for pre-post cruise stay as far as location. Next time though I'll try again for the Sofitel at the airport - it was very nice.

I will take note Maureen and it also says recently remodelled...

Emmy

I was able to get the Sofitel at the airport for $85/night through Priceline. :)

No one ever mentions this hotel!!!! I saw pictures from another poster and it looked great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person...

Anyone else been there, done that? It would be nice to hear a couple reviews on this hotel, specifically...

We stayed at Riande Continental Bayside. It is directly across from Bayside shopping center and 3 minutes from port. The rooms were clean and the staff was great. Rooms overlooking the dock too. The only problem was it was a VERY tiny bathroom.......lol We got a great deal from Orbitz, and they don't ever charge a fee.

We're flying in on the Sat. afternoon, and we need somewhere to stay the night before our cruise. Can anyone recommend somewhere close to the pier and nice. Thanks in advance.

Kathy

Book a cancellable backup, something, anything NOW and then start shopping. You date is the Saturday night before Easter Sunday.

Hotel rooms will be expensive and may have minimum night requirements.

Do not wait on this.

I was able to get the Sofitel at the airport for $85/night through Priceline. :)

No one ever mentions this hotel!!!! I saw pictures from another poster and it looked great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person...

Anyone else been there, done that? It would be nice to hear a couple reviews on this hotel, specifically...

Yes - I stayed there for a pre-cruise stay 1/28 Priceline $70. They have the most comfortable beds! Feathertops and Down Comforters. The Decor is Arts & Crafts. After you call for the shuttle from the airport, you have to head upstairs to the 2nd level (departure) area to pick it up. The Shuttle runs every 1/2 hr. I called the Concierge a couple days before the cruise to reserve the first shuttle to the port at 11:00am. Cost $10pp. I would suggest doing this as it can get quite congested in the lobby as this is a hotel that NCL uses for pre-cruise packages. The elevator is very slow. Be sure to head out at least 1/2 hr before your planned depature to allow time to get to the lobby. They have a very nice pool. Dining is expensive. I would stay there again in a min. :)

Book a cancellable backup, something, anything NOW and then start shopping. You date is the Saturday night before Easter Sunday.

Hotel rooms will be expensive and may have minimum night requirements.

Do not wait on this.

Ignore the above about your date being the night before Easter but do book something now! Sorry!

I'm just browsing through Miami hotels to see what is available. Does anyone know anything about the Double Tree Coconut Grove Hotel? I know it's not right near Bayside, but we'll only be staying one night pre-cruise. If you've stayed there and can tell me what you thought---that would be even better. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Biscayne Bay two years ago and it was fine (we especially liked the location!), but it was a bit dark/dinghy inside so I'm looking around. We don't want to spend $300 for one night. We just want a nice, safe place to stay. Thanks in advance!

I'm just browsing through Miami hotels to see what is available. Does anyone know anything about the Double Tree Coconut Grove Hotel? I know it's not right near Bayside, but we'll only be staying one night pre-cruise. If you've stayed there and can tell me what you thought---that would be even better. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Biscayne Bay two years ago and it was fine (we especially liked the location!), but it was a bit dark/dinghy inside so I'm looking around. We don't want to spend $300 for one night. We just want a nice, safe place to stay. Thanks in advance!

I saw your extensive review on another thread. It sounds wonderful and we are looking forward to staying there!

Thanks very much for the heads up about the shuttle service both from the airport and to the port. I will make it a port to call a couple days prior to arrival to make any necessary reservations so we can get to the port on time. We are such ninnys about timeliness so we plan, and plan and plan some more! :rolleyes:

I appreciate your help!

We stayed at the Hyatt. We won a bid on Priceline for $90. It was comfortable and clean. It was a bit worn considering that the going rate for our dates was $315/night. I would have been very disappointed in the hotel if I had paid that much to stay there. I can't complain for the price we paid. It is an easy walk to Bayside Market. There were no restaraunts or store open in that area on the weekend aside from Bayside. We ordered pizza for the first night and ate at Bayside on our return night. It worked out well.

Heard and read a great review of the Hotel... nothing wrong with it.. except there is nothing around if you want to do anything.. If it is for a pre/post stay and you are not wanting to venture far... perfect... enjoy:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived