Help on ATV Excursion is Amber Cove

SmileEh

I’m looking at booking an ATV Excursion is Amber Cove.

Iguana Mama is $125.00 and through Carnival its $89.99.

The difference in the two that I can see is that Iguana Mama is 5 hours and comes with lunch where Carnival is 4 hours and does not come with lunch.

I’m trying to figure out why I would spend an additional $35.00 to go with Iguana Mama… is it really worth the extra money for an additional hour and lunch?

Also I noticed Carnival says you must be (16+ and hold a valid Driver's License) where Iguana Mama only says (16+)... the reason I mention this is because we will have two 20 year olds in our group and they don't have a valid Driver's License so I wonder if Carnival actually checks and if this will cause us a problem?

I would love to hear what people who have been to Amber Cove and done an ATV Excursion think about my two concerns....

I also noticed that Marysol offers an ATV Excursion for $80.00 for 3 hours and no lunch and only 20 min at the beach… I don’t think my group will be interested in this one since such a short stop at the beach.

Edited by SmileEh

We used Iguana Mama on our Princess Cruise this past March. I was very pleased, the guides were very attentive and stopped often to tell us about their community and what we were seeing.   We had a small group of 8....there were other tours I saw with much larger groups.  We always prefer smaller groups if possible.  Lunch was good and the beach time was nice.  I can’t answer the driver license question, however I had a good experience emailing Iguana Mama with questions.  DH and I shared one ATV which was $165 total.  I was fine with that as I wouldn’t have wanted to drive by myself the whole time.  A few things to know:   iguana Mama picks  you up outside the main gate, which is a long walk. It’s possible to take a quick taxi ride from the shopping area out through the gate and to their pick up point.  Otherwise allow 20 minutes at least from ship to pick up point.     Be sure to bring goggles and bandanas as the ride is very dusty.  

Happy to answer other questions if you have them.