Spiny Lobster for casual lunch in Hamilton - recommendations?

Ronneeaght

We are going to be in Bermuda on Saturday and I had been planning to go to lunch at the Lobster Pot, but just realized that they only serve dinner on the weekends. (Side note: next trip to Bermuda will definitely be during the week - I'm looking at you, Dockyard/St. George ferry!)

Any recommendations for a laid back place to get good spiny lobster for lunch in Hamilton? We have a 4yo with us, so outside seating is a plus (picnic tables would be fine) and french fries are a must 😉

Hmm, or in thinking it over more, I had planned Lobster Pot for lunch and Frog and Onion for dinner, but I could switch seafood/pub food and do Hog Penny for lunch in Hamilton and then Woody's for dinner as we'll be coming back from Somerset.

Any reviews of Hog Penny or Woody's? Food quality, kid friendliness, local fare options? Or I'd still love to hear recommendations for lobster in Hamilton.

5 hours ago, Ronneeaght said:

We are going to be in Bermuda on Saturday and I had been planning to go to lunch at the Lobster Pot, but just realized that they only serve dinner on the weekends. (Side note: next trip to Bermuda will definitely be during the week - I'm looking at you, Dockyard/St. George ferry!)

Any recommendations for a laid back place to get good spiny lobster for lunch in Hamilton? We have a 4yo with us, so outside seating is a plus (picnic tables would be fine) and french fries are a must 😉

Flanagan's Irish Pub on Front St. lists spiny lobster on their menu as being available when in season. Although it's in season now I'm not sure whether they will actually have it available on the day you're there. They have an outdoor dining patio overlooking Hamilton Harbour...of course no guarantee seating will be available there when you arrive. They do have a kid's menu.

12 minutes ago, Ronneeaght said:

Hmm, or in thinking it over more, I had planned Lobster Pot for lunch and Frog and Onion for dinner, but I could switch seafood/pub food and do Hog Penny for lunch in Hamilton and then Woody's for dinner as we'll be coming back from Somerset.

Any reviews of Hog Penny or Woody's? Food quality, kid friendliness, local fare options? Or I'd still love to hear recommendations for lobster in Hamilton.

I always eat at Hog Penny when in Hamilton...in fact we were just there for lunch last Wednesday. It has an old English pub-type atmosphere. The menu isn't very good for a young child.

I'm not sure I'd go to Woody's for dinner. Reputed to have an excellent fish sandwich if you were going for lunch and drinks. There have been a few incidents there over the years that would make me uncomfortable being there after dark.

Edited by njhorseman

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Flanagan's Irish Pub on Front St. lists spiny lobster on their menu as being available when in season. Although it's in season now I'm not sure whether they will actually have it available on the day you're there. They have an outdoor dining patio overlooking Hamilton Harbour...of course no guarantee seating will be available there when you arrive. They do have a kid's menu.

Oh, I really like the look of Flanagan's. If they don't have lobster available there are lots of other tempting options and my daughter will be all over mozzarella sticks as an entree. Thanks so much!!