Which Stateroom is better in your opinion?

Nicolek1999

Hello! I am cruising on the Carnival Breeze in December of 2020. I booked a Premium Vista Balcony, so it has the wrap around and is in the back. There are no more FTTF available and I was considering upgrading to a ocean suite or grand suite. It will just be me and my boyfriend traveling. We really like the idea of priority embarkation and debarkation but don't know if we should give up our balcony for it. Just curious what are the perks when you book a suite and for anyone who has sailed on that ship, are the suites really worth it with the perks? Also the ocean suite or grand suite? Thank you!!!!!!!

Edited by Nicolek1999

I would keep your premium vista balcony and keep checking every day.  FTTF has always opened extra slots as we approach the sail date.  I don't believe you get any suite perks and the aft view and wrap balcony is spectacular.

• Like 1

Just now, chrislo said:

I would keep your premium vista balcony and keep checking every day.  FTTF has always opened extra slots as we approach the sail date.  I don't believe you get any suite perks and the aft view and wrap balcony is spectacular.

Okay awesome! Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Luke Saint Joe said:

Keep the aft!!!!  We LOVE aft balconies & book them 9 out of 10 times! Sailing on Breeze this Christmas as a spur of the moment cruise & am disappointed we'll have a "regular" balcony.  Go for it!!!

Alright awesome thank you!

3 hours ago, Nicolek1999 said:

Hello! I am cruising on the Carnival Breeze in December of 2020. I booked a Premium Vista Balcony, so it has the wrap around and is in the back. There are no more FTTF available and I was considering upgrading to a ocean suite or grand suite. It will just be me and my boyfriend traveling. We really like the idea of priority embarkation and debarkation but don't know if we should give up our balcony for it. Just curious what are the perks when you book a suite and for anyone who has sailed on that ship, are the suites really worth it with the perks? Also the ocean suite or grand suite? Thank you!!!!!!!

Anymore embarkation and debarkation is pretty quick. Are you flying back? If so, how early is your flight?

FTTF is subjective, just like any other "add on" now promoted by cruise lines. We tried it a few years ago. One and done for us. Really only used it for GS visits and even though a shorter line, not much quicker.

One thing I do miss is Luggage Express where, for a small fee, Carnival took your checked bags to the airport for you. That was pretty awesome.

And never give up an aft balcony! You will be spoiled.

If you check in online just after midnight as soon as online check-in opens up for your cruise, you should be able to choose the earliest appointment time and get boarding zone A1.  Zone A1 boards right after Faster to the Fun.  I believe online check-in opens up around 90 days before your cruise.  The actual date shows up when you log in to your account.

For getting off of the ship quickly, you can either carry off your bags yourself or you can find out when the checked luggage tags will be available and be one of the first ones in line.

Edited by TNcruising02

35 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

Anymore embarkation and debarkation is pretty quick. Are you flying back? If so, how early is your flight?

FTTF is subjective, just like any other "add on" now promoted by cruise lines. We tried it a few years ago. One and done for us. Really only used it for GS visits and even though a shorter line, not much quicker.

One thing I do miss is Luggage Express where, for a small fee, Carnival took your checked bags to the airport for you. That was pretty awesome.

And never give up an aft balcony! You will be spoiled.

We do not know if we are flying or driving yet. It is a 10 hour drive unless we stop at my aunts and drive 4 hours the next day to get to the port. I'm really considering flying. It would be around $300-$350 for us to drive there and back including parking. Won't need the hotel because of my aunts house. If we fly its basically double that plus the hotel. So I'm not sure if the extra money is worth it. Also is it better to fly in day of or before?

35 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

If you check in online just after midnight as soon as online check-in opens up for your cruise, you should be able to choose the earliest appointment time and get boarding zone A1.  Zone A1 boards right after Faster to the Fun.  I believe online check-in opens up around 90 days before your cruise.  The actual date shows up when you log in to your account.

For getting off of the ship quickly, you can either carry off your bags yourself or you can find out when the checked luggage tags will be available and be one of the first ones in line.

Thank you for the information! I think it makes more sense to carry the bags off ourselves. What time do you typically get off then?

2 minutes ago, Nicolek1999 said:

Thank you for the information! I think it makes more sense to carry the bags off ourselves. What time do you typically get off then?

When I have carried my bags off of the ship myself for various cruises, without Faster to the Fun, I have usually been off of the ships around 7:30 am.

17 minutes ago, Nicolek1999 said:

We do not know if we are flying or driving yet. It is a 10 hour drive unless we stop at my aunts and drive 4 hours the next day to get to the port. I'm really considering flying. It would be around $300-$350 for us to drive there and back including parking. Won't need the hotel because of my aunts house. If we fly its basically double that plus the hotel. So I'm not sure if the extra money is worth it. Also is it better to fly in day of or before?

My recommendation is, if flying, ALWAYS arrive at least the day before. There is just too much that can go wrong flying in the day of the cruise. It's not worth risking your vacation on a flight snafu.

Just now, Keys2Heaven said:

My recommendation is, if flying, ALWAYS arrive at least the day before. There is just too much that can go wrong flying in the day of the cruise. It's not worth risking your vacation on a flight snafu.

Okay! That makes more sense actually. Thank you so much!

We just sailed a few weeks ago from the Victory with aft wrap balcony for the first time. I would take that over a suite. The balcony length along the railing was about 40'. Having both aft and side views were nice, but also we always seemed to have some sun and some shade (2 days were rain vs dry areas) and parts always had a nice breeze, while parts had still air. Definitely the best balcony we have ever had. Also with the back corner layout, we found the cabin felt bigger since the desk with the hair dryer was off to the side and not in the path to the bathroom.

If you want faster to the fun, keep checking. I saw some come available for our cruise a few days before sailing.