Chocolate Buffet?

dino76

Is there any truth to the rumors about the possibility of a Chocolate Buffet? We are going on Enchantment on Feb 23. (4 day cruise). Do 4 day cruises have such a thing? What's it all about????

There was one on the 4 night Monarch cruise I took last month. I walked by ... the line was too long. It looked good, though.

FYI: The Chocolate (or Dessert) Buffet is something to see, even if you just go for the viewing before. There are chocolate and ice sculptures that are incredible. Plus, more dessert than you can possibly eat. The thing is, it's at midnight, and that's kinda late to be getting all sugared-up:eek: IMHO.

By all means, though, go to see the fabulous sculptures.

Sovereign five day had it as well recently. The one on the Carnival Miracle was a joke. Rotten bananas dipped in chocolate syrup...that's it. It was very disappointing as RCI does it up big usually as a full buffet with the main feature being chocolate but ours also had other nibbles.

So I'm sitting here reading about the wonderful chocolate buffet and my stomach starts to grumble <LOL>. My DH & I will be going on our first cruise and LOVE chocolate :) I was wondering what types of chocolate are offered at the buffet? Chocolate covered strawberries? Dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate mousse? Anything else? Is it all sculpted like pictures I've seen of the fruit and bread on some midnight buffets? Any one have any pictures?

Oh boy something more to look forward to, hurry up October! :D

We were on a 7 day Enchantment last year and they had one. Not only chocolate, but fruit, ice sculptures, carved cheeses, etc. The huge chocolate carved dragon was incredible! Probably about 3 feet tall and 5 feet long. We too had the late dinner, so didn't partake. But went to take pictures 1/2 hour before the feeding frenzy started. I heard it looked like people hadn't eaten in days when they opened the line and that we should have went back later to take an "after" picture. I guess it was quite a scene. Get there early is my suggestion, the line gets really long and moves really slow.

So I'm sitting here reading about the wonderful chocolate buffet and my stomach starts to grumble <LOL>. My DH & I will be going on our first cruise and LOVE chocolate :) I was wondering what types of chocolate are offered at the buffet? Chocolate covered strawberries? Dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate mousse? Anything else? Is it all sculpted like pictures I've seen of the fruit and bread on some midnight buffets? Any one have any pictures?

Yes, thats right all of it.......uuummmm uuummm good

:) :) :D :D

The photos are great... I hope that Enchantment (4 night cruise) has a chocolate buffet... loooks like something not to be missed. Do they cut up the dragon and other colorful chocolate too???? Or are they just decorations?

We always eat at the 2nd sitting, so are never able to eat at any of the buffets (I mean, we just left dinner 2 hours ago!!!) but have looked and they are incredible!

Never stopped me :D I eat right 90% of the time at home but when on a cruise I go for it!

BTW: Majesty had it both times I was on her.

BonVoyage

Dawna

The photos are great... I hope that Enchantment (4 night cruise) has a chocolate buffet... loooks like something not to be missed. Do they cut up the dragon and other colorful chocolate too???? Or are they just decorations?

I don't know. I couldn't tell. A few of the sculptures looked like wax (the girl and the woman and the fish). The dragons looked a little more like chocolate. They looked like they had been broken in a couple places if you looked closely and then repaired??? You did not eat these pieces.

Although my mom got a cute swan chocolate that was on a cake (you can see it in her picture). She asked one of the RCCL chefs if it was real chocolate and he said Yes, take it. My mom tried to refuse saying it was too pretty (and it was decorating the top of a cake) but he made her take it. :)

Maggie

I know that the question was is there a chocolate buffet on the 4-day cruise you are going on. That, I don't know. But, I went on Grandeur of the Seas last August and we had one. Although we had late seating for dinner, we went to it anyway. Our kids went to it and then, came back and woke us up and showed us their plates, and we got up and went. Lots of stuff was gone but there was still a ton of stuff left. It was amazing.

From what I can remember, there were chocolate covered strawberries, all kinds of cheesecakes and other cakes and mousses, in particular, a flourless chocolate cake (I loved it), a pot of chocolate fondue to dip different fruits into. It was crazy! They also had a smaller selection of cheese, sushi, and I can't remember what else. I went there for the chocolate, so, I didn't partake of the rest of it. Can't wait to do it again!:D

I'm sitting here in a pool of my own drool looking at these photos and hearing these descriptions. I'm dieting big time - lean meats and veggies - working out 3Xs a week - in order to slim down and get in better shape for our April cruise. I'm using these photos as motivation to stick to my diet so I can splurge while on vacation.

These things look great. The chocolate buffet I had on a Carnival ship was mostly donoughts with chocolate frosting or cupcakes with chocolate frosting. It wasn't horrible but also wasn't what I would call a 'chocolate buffet'.

Archived