self laundry service on PG??

Trvlbugs

No self service as Kathy mentioned. I packed planning to send some laundry out but ended up never needing it. I literally lived in a bathing suit every day. I packed three tops and two bottoms and just rotated them. I did rinse them in the sink once and just hung on my balcony chair (maybe bring some clothes pins?) Also, I brought two pairs of water shoes and I was glad I did that. My traveling companion only brought one set and they were often still wet the next day.

Laundry service is quite reasonable and very good on the PG. My husband sent out his slacks (Eddie Bauer khakais) to be laundered and pressed and the charge was $7. Shirt and blouse pressing was either $3 or $3.50. If you get the clothes to your cabin attendant before 9 (i believe), you will have them by 4 at no extra charge. Otherwise, they are returned to you the next day.

We will bring fewer clothes this September and won't worry about wrinkles caused from packing and sitting in the suitcases during our pre-cruise time because we will just send the clothes to the laundry when we get on board. I did rinse out some Chicos stuff in the sink and used the clothes line over the tub. Bought some of those clothes pins that have the hooks attached to them which also worked well for hanging up wet beach gear. Clothes dried surprisingly quickly though I didn't do any tank tops or t-shirts (cotton gear)......mostly because we brought plenty.

Archived