First time balconies

Ellusionz

On 10/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, BTromboneFrack said:

Son't know about the size of the balcony you are talking about.   Every type is a little different.   However, be prepared.... Our experience is once you go to a balcony, you can never go back.   There is nothing like hearing the ocean whenever you want.

You are absolutely right!!! Once we finally decided to try out a balcony....we’ve never been able to go back to inside or OV. 

On 10/29/2019 at 11:31 AM, ray98 said:

Yup....when we look back and think about how much time we actually spend in the cabin it just isn't worth it.  The vast majority of the time we are in the room is sleeping or getting ready to go out.  So, the 30 minutes a day I spend drinking coffee on the balcony isn't worth double the price of an inside cabin for me.

We tend to agree.  We like having a balcony, but we just don't get much use out of it.  

And I agree with others-- 4 adults in a cabin!! I could not enjoy my vacation. 

Edited by 2PinaColadas

4 hours ago, 2PinaColadas said:

We tend to agree.  We like having a balcony, but we just don't get much use out of it.  

And I agree with others-- 4 adults in a cabin!! I could not enjoy my vacation. 

Depending on who the other 3 adults are, I don’t think it’s that bad.  With us, we always have 2 that go to the gym in the morning, and use their nice showers.  We prefer the balcony, for a more open and roomy feel.... fresh air is nice.  

So we picked our 2020 cruise! Due to limited scheduling and pricing so high on those dates I found us a cruise out of Galveston on the Vista for a decent price that didn't feel like I was being double charged just cause of the busy days LOL. We ended up getting an interior havana room for us so we have access for that bigger private area. So excited I get to experience that area twice, 2021 we doing it on the Mardi Gras with 3 of us 🙂 Both times we ended up snatching up the last room that would fit our amount of people.

Thanks so much for all the advice tho!

Edited by Ellusionz
  • Like 1

For the Panama Canal partial transit, it doesn't matter what side you are on, because it turns around, so you see what you missed going in on the way out.  As for location, I prefer mid-ship, mid-level; on the Miracle and the Pride (sisters to the Legend) I have been on Deck 6... once I was aft though, and that size of ship does rock a lot and I found that I spent a huge amount of time being lulled to sleep, and when seas got rough, quite an upset tum.  Generally speaking, balcony's are small, I think in a regular balcony room there are just two chairs, so it's not like a place you'll be lounging, although I spend most of my time on my balcony, even if there are no lounge chairs and just the more uncomfortable smaller ones.  Even when we've had 4 people in a room (in a suite) we have only had seating for 2, and when we asked for extra chairs we were told it's a no go.  My kid and my friend's kid spent a lot of time laying on beach towels on the balcony and were just fun with it.