Toddler Pool

luvmy2kids

I saw that the Sensation (and several other ships) have a toddler pool. Do the kids still have to be potty trained to go in the toddler pool or can they wear a swim diaper? Also, has anyone seen how large and deep it is? From the diagrams, it seems to be away from the other pools. Thanks!

wow soniamarie. that sounds great. anyone know how the toddler pool on the sensation is? :confused:

I've never seen a toddler pool on the Sensation... they do have a kids pool, in the AFT... but never have seen a toddler pool. No diapers/swim diapers (or non potty trained kids) are allowed in the kids pool...

:eek: :(

Some people have stated that they took along a small baby pool and put it on their balcony... if you have a balcony you might want to consider that. Just make sure you take care in getting rid of the water and not on the people below :eek: LOL... You might even find a little room near the children's pool?

The baby/toddler pool is small,round and probably a foot deep. It is separate from all the other pools. I agree that if you do not have one of these types of pools on your ship, your toddler will not be allowed to swim in the "kids pool" with a swim diaper on. They are pretty strict about this. Call and find out specifically if they have the pool I mentioned above. It was a lifesaver for us. We went on a princess cruise after the carnival trip and my toddler could not swim anywhere on the ship....it was so frustrating.

My query is why is it such a big deal to have a toddler with swimmer diapers in the kids pool, when I am sure "toilette trained children of 3-5" have accidents on a regular basis, at least with swimmer diaper the pee is contained My goodness are you going to tell that the inebriated who sit in the hot tubs for hours have not peed!!! This is silly!

marjorie

My query is why is it such a big deal to have a toddler with swimmer diapers in the kids pool, when I am sure "toilette trained children of 3-5" have accidents on a regular basis, at least with swimmer diaper the pee is contained My goodness are you going to tell that the inebriated who sit in the hot tubs for hours have not peed!!! This is silly!

marjorie

Children don't just pee ;) Swim diapers have been proven as ineffective in containing all "fecal matter", the pools are not chlorinated, fecal contamination can cause serious illness and death. Silly? I think not...

The kids pool on the Sensation is aft and is about 10 to 12 feet in diameter. You have to be extremely cautious with small children when in rough seas as the waves generated will wipe them out lol. It is just behind Camp Carnival there is plenty of space back there if you would like to bring a small blow up pool and fill it with a bucket from the kids pool. Then when finished allow it to drain into one of the drains on the deck. This area is one of my favorite places to hang out on the Sensation. Very nice and usually pretty quiet as few people know its there.

I found a small blow up pool online... It was perfect when we cruised with my daughter when she was under 2. She was perfectly happy to sit in there.

I agree with everyone... No swim diapers in the pools! They really don't hold everything in. Yick.

And the comment about people peeing in the hot tubs.... Ewww!! I sure hope not!

how old are your kids brandypants? my daughter will be 2.

At the time they were 6mos. and almost 2. Luckily she was just about potty trained. We made her go to the bathroom just before swimming. I don't think we stayed in long enough to have an accident. As for the 6 mos. old we just stuck her feet in and kind of swished her around. The above posters are right about the blow up pool idea, I read about it after the cruise. That area has a ton of room and is usually quiet. Hope you have fun:)

I found a small blow up pool online... It was perfect when we cruised with my daughter when she was under 2. She was perfectly happy to sit in there.

I agree with everyone... No swim diapers in the pools! They really don't hold everything in. Yick.

And the comment about people peeing in the hot tubs.... Ewww!! I sure hope not!

You must be kidding. I bet that a good 50% of the people in both the pools and the hot tubs pee in them.

Archived