Traveling with 2 and 4 year old soon. Appreciate help!!

rocky55

Hi!  Thank you for help. It’s 3 adults and 2 children. We will be there Nov 12&13. I was wondering any suggestions what to do with two small children. Also I could get  Lewis Fogo email. I am wondering if he has car seats for rent. Thank you so much for all your help!

1 hour ago, rocky55 said:

Hi!  Thank you for help. It’s 3 adults and 2 children. We will be there Nov 12&13. I was wondering any suggestions what to do with two small children. Also I could get  Lewis Fogo email. I am wondering if he has car seats for rent. Thank you so much for all your help!

Since car seats are not required in Bermuda for taxis in general they don't have them available. Of course it is possible Lewis Foggo has some or he can tell you where to rent them if you desire car seats. The email I have for him is: lewis_foggo@hotmail.com

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Since car seats are not required in Bermuda for taxis in general they don't have them available. Of course it is possible Lewis Foggo has some or he can tell you where to rent them if you desire car seats. The email I have for him is: lewis_foggo@hotmail.com

Thank you for getting back to me. Any suggestions what to do in Bermuda with them?  Thinking the caves might be to much. 

1 hour ago, rocky55 said:

Thank you for getting back to me. Any suggestions what to do in Bermuda with them?  Thinking the caves might be to much. 

With the caves you have to consider that there are about 88 steps down and back up. The aquarium and zoo would be one suggestion. There is mini golf at the Dockyard, Bermuda Fun Golf but I don’t know about very young children there. There are the beaches. The water might be a bit chilly by then. Horseshoe Bay has a shallow cove to the right side many call a baby beach. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you docking? If you think the adults in your party would be interested, I recommend the National Museum of Bermuda at the Dockyard as a good family option.  Kids under 16 are free, so it's fairly economical. There is a fun play area for the kids with a wooden eel to climb around in, a VERY large slide (might be too big for the 2yo), and a sandbox. There's also a small room of kids museum type stuff. Just make yourself scarce when the kids start ringing the bell - it's loud!! We just visited in October with our 4yo daughter, and one parent stayed with her in the kids area while the other visited some of the exhibits, then we traded off. She was happy playing there for 45 minutes or so and then we all walked around the grounds and looked at the sheep.

https://nmb.bm/

I also second Charles's Horseshoe Bay recommendation if you think it is warm enough, and what he said about the minimal need for carseats. We are typically sticklers for carseats and seatbelts, but the narrow roads don't allow for very high speeds and in this case they might be more hassle than they are worth.

• 1 month later...

I will be traveling to Bermuda with an infant (7 months), this summer. Can anyone confirm that car seats aren’t required in Bermuda? Someone scared me and told me somewhat the opposite. 
I would be traveling on Royal- docking in Hamilton- what’s the best way to get to Horseshoe Bay with the baby? 

4 hours ago, Gonflipin said:

I will be traveling to Bermuda with an infant (7 months), this summer. Can anyone confirm that car seats aren’t required in Bermuda? Someone scared me and told me somewhat the opposite. 
I would be traveling on Royal- docking in Hamilton- what’s the best way to get to Horseshoe Bay with the baby? 

Car seats are not required on taxis, or public buses. They are only required in private personal vehicles which you won't be riding.  Taxis can go down and up the hill at Horseshoe Bay. so I give them the edge over the public bus where the stop is at the top of the hill. Public bus will be less expensive. A taxi from Hamiltion is $20 for 1-4 people. The public bus from Hamiltion is $3.50 exact change or $2.75 for a 3 zone token.