BACALAR LAGOON & CENOTES?

principessalia

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:24 AM, principessalia said:

Has anyone taken a tour to the Bacalar Lagoon & Cenotes?

If so, which tour company did you use?

Reviews of tour/tour company?

Thanks so much 😎

I’m researching the same now for a January  sailing.  I found a tour group on Trip Advisor that I’m considering .  It has great reviews but I don’t think I’m allowed to post the name unless I’ve taken the tour.  I found it by searching for best tours in Costa Maya.  The title is Balacar - 7 Colors Lagoon . We aren’t interested in the ruins but like this one since it stops at the open cenotes and the lagoon which looks beautiful.  Will follow this thread for any experiences.  

48 minutes ago, caugh51654 said:

I’m researching the same now for a January  sailing.  I found a tour group on Trip Advisor that I’m considering .  It has great reviews but I don’t think I’m allowed to post the name unless I’ve taken the tour.  I found it by searching for best tours in Costa Maya.  The title is Balacar - 7 Colors Lagoon . We aren’t interested in the ruins but like this one since it stops at the open cenotes and the lagoon which looks beautiful.  Will follow this thread for any experiences.  I believe I found the tour you are referring to. I hope you clicked on their website and booked direct. TA is nice advertising for these companies, but takes a big chunk of their profits. The tour does look cool. Thanks for talking about it.

9 hours ago, caugh51654 said:

I’m researching the same now for a January  sailing.  I found a tour group on Trip Advisor that I’m considering .  It has great reviews but I don’t think I’m allowed to post the name unless I’ve taken the tour.  I found it by searching for best tours in Costa Maya.  The title is Balacar - 7 Colors Lagoon . We aren’t interested in the ruins but like this one since it stops at the open cenotes and the lagoon which looks beautiful.  Will follow this thread for any experiences.  

You can mention the name of the company. Especially if it's on Trip Advisor.  Probably able to post a link to the company's website if listed on TA and not a FB address.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise stop in Costa Maya. We booked the ship excursion from Celebrity for Bacalar 7 Color Lagoon and Lunch. It was on a nice tour bus (although the seats were a little too close together) and an hour and half bus ride. Our tour guide Maui was amazing and gave us lots of information about the area. Bacalar is a small town but the lagoon is beautiful. We went out on a boat and stopped at 2 swimming areas. The water was crystal clear with white sandy bottom and about waist deep. When we came back to the dock, we had a nice mexican lunch on the shaded patio. We made a brief photo stop at the fort in town. it was a lovely day

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, late bloomer said:

We just returned from a cruise stop in Costa Maya. We booked the ship excursion from Celebrity for Bacalar 7 Color Lagoon and Lunch. It was on a nice tour bus (although the seats were a little too close together) and an hour and half bus ride. Our tour guide Maui was amazing and gave us lots of information about the area. Bacalar is a small town but the lagoon is beautiful. We went out on a boat and stopped at 2 swimming areas. The water was crystal clear with white sandy bottom and about waist deep. When we came back to the dock, we had a nice mexican lunch on the shaded patio. We made a brief photo stop at the fort in town. it was a lovely day

Couple questions:  Did you feel you had enough time at the lagoon with the 3 hours in the bus?  Were you able to snorkel over the cenotes and see the formations underwater?  
My ship is not offering a tour with Bacalar only (without stopping at ruins) which I think would leave even less time at the lagoon.  I’m just concerned it’s too far for a 7 hour port day.   Appreciate your insight. 

Of course it would have been nice to have longer at lagoon but swimming twice and the boat ride and lunch made it worthwhile. They would not let us swim over top of cenote. We could see the dark blue water where the depth changed but the tour leader would not allow my husband to swim over it.

• Thanks 1