EDGE - specialty dining pkg deals pre-trip? or only onboard?

LSKC

Would like to get the 3 specialty dining PKG booked pre-trip in hopes of a good dining time (7-7:30 which i'm assuming is peak time?)

Sailing the Edge end of March, so still lots of time. Does the pkg deals ever go on sale for a better "deal" or are the prices listed on cruise-planner all unless we wait and see about deals once we board?

3 specialty dining pkg is currently listed at:  $182 Canadian CAD

Unfortunately, you can't book until you get onboard (they book one as a placeholder the first night, but you can change it when you board, if you don't want that restaurant/time). You save money with the package, but more apt to get the times you want when you book at full price pre-cruise (except for booking something the first night. which will be 20% off). They will save enough slots for the packages, but you may not get exactly what you want. If you decide to go with the package, I suggest making a list of what you want, board early (11:00) and head for specialty dining table (usually outside buffet - the Edge had one near the embarkation area too on one of my cruises). The 3 restaurant package is not a huge savings, especially if you get the 20% off a night one reservation. I weigh the savings against the convenience of having the reservations I want secured before I board and then make the decision. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1