Flights from Phila to Ft. Lauderdale

bernnj

I am in and out of FFL all the time from Phila. I use Southwest. If you use the internet to buy you can get fares as low as $39 plus taxes. They have 3 non stops each day. Another good start up carrier is USA3000. They also fly to FFL non stop once a day.

Marc

I heard that these flights can be a bit pricey. My SIL booked through Airtran and got a decent deal. You could always fly into Miami and drive to FLL. If I can recall correctly it only took us about 30 min. (no traffic).

I just flew from Pa to FLL on Southwest. Flight was 7:20 it landed in Tampa, we did not deplane. They loaded 3/4 of the plane in tampa in about 15 minutes and it was a thirty minute flight to FLL. We arrived at 11;15 AM, took a shared van ride to Miami, and sipping champagne by 12:45. Ship left at 5 plenty of time. The price at the time of booking was $ 59.00 each way.

Hi Bernadette,

My husband and I will be sailing with you on the 9th. I haven't had a chance to welcome you yet on the roll call thread. Southwest is currently offering specials for March. Go to the southwest web site and sign up for the email alerts. They send them out every week. Last week they had a $59 flight from Baltimore to Ft Lauderdale which is a great price. We looked at other airlines but couldn't find non stop flights and the prices were outrageous. Good luck

Suzanne

We always fly USAIR from PHL to FLL for cruises and would very seriously recommend you fly in the night before your cruise. You never know what the weather or work stoppages, or anything will do to cause a blip in your travel plans. If you are flying out during a winter month you definately want to go the day before. You can usaully get a hotel by the pier for less than $100. Although I love Southwest and their prices, I would not use them for a cruise. They do not have a huge "presence" at PHL and if one flight gets stuck at another airport it can cause a problem down the line. In fact, they fly one plane between PIT and PHL all day ( at least last spring) and one problem at one airport messed up the whole day. If you're just going on a land vacation one day delay due to weather won't hurt. Miss the boat and you'll be really bumbed out! By the way - did you see the report from the PHL airport on the news this past Monday? The airport was totally closed due to fog until after noon and they interview a man who was scheduled to leave on a cruise out of LA and all the flights were cancelled. He was not getting to his ship and his cruise line (name not mentioned) said they were sorry - they weren't holding the ship!

Thank you all for the useful info. Decided to fly the day before the cruise to avoid getting up early. Will have a restful morning the day of the cruise and hotels offer shuttle services from airport and also to the dock. :) :D :cool:

Archived