Need Princess Cruisers Help!

wenocancer2

My boss is cruising on Princess in one month. It is her first cruise and she does not know much about it. I am a pretty avid reader of CruiseCritic and although I have not had the pleasure of cruising Princess as of yet, I knew that I could count on fellow CruiseCritic Members to help me out.

Can you please let me know any tips that I can share with my boss? You know, the kind of thing like taking an alarm clock because they don't have them in the rooms like hotels do, etc, etc. I believe she said she is on the Golden Princess.

She did specifically ask me to ask for ways to stretch the almighty beverage dollar. Do they have drink specials that are worth while or coupons and such?

I'd love to hear all suggestions because again, she is my boss and I would love to impress her. Impressed boss...promotion...more money...more cruises! :-)

Thanks!

If you really want to surprise your boss and your boss is someone everyone wants to do something for, it is always great to order something for the room when she/he boards. It can be something simple like snacks or chocolate strawberries to the Ultimate Breakfast or a bottle of wine.

The DH and I have ordered little presents for others and they are always thrilled to have the surprise. :)

How do I go about buy a gift for her to be in her room?

Don't know how big your office is, your relationship with the boss etc; however, this is not really a good idea. Unless you happen to be friends with your boss outside work, this would be viewed as "sucking up". It would make her feel very uncomfortable.

I wouldn't do it.

She did specifically ask me to ask for ways to stretch the almighty beverage dollar. Do they have drink specials that are worth while or coupons and such?

If she is indeed cruising on the Golden out of San Juan, there is a duty free liquor store right in the terminal. If she puts what she purchases in her personal carryon bag (not in the bag provided by store), she will be able to take that purchase with her to her cabin.

We did this last year and it was nice to have drinks on the balcony b4 dinner.

DH ofen carried his drink to the pool area.

Last year they did have drink at special prices daily, but I understand that is no longer the case.

Alas, the drink of the day is gone. :( Great suggestion mmsoko! If you decide to so the surprise gift all Princess would need is the name, ship, and sailing date. As far as gifts to a "boss" it usually depends on the "company culture" and some would view it as thoughtful as the gift is intended.

Archived