Beach Club with a baby?

Jayla

Im traveling with family and one of our port stops is Costa Maya. We are looking for a place to camp out at the beach with a possible cabana rental as I will have 2 young children with me and a disabled adult.

I seen the posts about "beach clubs" but I am really unfamiliar with what they are. Ideally would like to find something as close to the cruise port as possible for ease of a handicapped family member and use of strollers.

Having a cabana rental would be most important as well as a safe beach..not worried about Food/drink/snorkeling/activities/all inclusives. Just more of a comfort to accommodate everyone in our group.

Does a place like this exist? Are we better off doing it at a different port (Cozumel?)

Look at Blue Kay, then.  Their hotel offers cabanas. I think you can reserve one for a day visit, if the hotel isn't full.  You need to ask. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499450-d3827208-Reviews-Blue_Kay_Eco_Resort-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

None of the other beach clubs along the malecon have cabanas.  To get to the malecon, you need to take a tram from the port.  Or walk outside the port gate to the taxi stand.

A taxi will be able to enter Blue Kay directly.  The Tram's first stop is at tequila Beach and you have to walk back toward the lighthouse to Blue Kay.  Strollers aren't a issue along the malecon as it is paved all the way down.

Your other option is to stay at the port.  Small "beach" there with loungers.  No cabanas but umbrella for shade.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1