Can anyone recommend....

waterloogirl

a good wine for purchase in Ft. Lauderdale?

My husband and I will be sailing the CB first week in March and want to stock up on some wine for our cabin. We aren't familiar with brands for sale in the US (we're Canadian eh). We enjoy dry sauvignon blanc. THANKS MUCH IN ADVANCE !!! HAPPY CRUISING!

p.s. Thanks for the responses on my earlier room service for breakfast post. Looks like we'll be writing in some extras and hope for the best :)

There are numerous places in FFL that you can purchase wine. I would ask when I am there what wine they recommend. You can also post this on the Hotel, Pre & Post Cruise Board here on the CC. People that live in the area answer questions about FFL hotels. Perhaps they can answer you wine questions.

My wife and I are big dry sauvignon blanc fans. Our favorites are Dry Creek, Kendall Jackson and Buena Vista in the "conservative" price range. Robert Mondavi does a nice sauvignon blanc as well but we find we actually prefer the "regular" label to the "reserve".

Climbing up the price scale a little, we like Cakebread, Frog's Leap and Ferrari-Carrano (sp?).

Dry Creek and Kendall Jackson are our "house" brands.

Archived