Claustrophopic Newbie needs cabin advice!

firewaterfarm

Hi everyone, This is my first cruise and I am very anxious.

I've suffered from anxiety issues in the past, but I am looking forward to doing this, and trying to get over my fear.:eek:

I get a little claustrophopic and was hoping for some advice on cabins.

Specific rooms, decks, anything.

I will definately get one with a window!

THANKS!:)

I forgot to mention we are going on the Majesty May 28th to Bermuda from Boston!

If you can afford it, spend the money on a blacony cabin. The floor to ceiling sliding glass doors bring in a lot more light then a window. They also make the room feel much bigger. In addition, if you are feeling a bit anxious you can open the door and go out and get some air. Me, personally, I could NEVER go with a cabin with anything less then a balcony. I have to be able to go out there and get air.

No the Majesty doesnot have any balconys. The windows in the rooms we have had are pretty big. You could leave the curtins open to give you more of an open feeling. We hope to go on that cruise as well. We have done that particuliar week every year since 2002. It's an oldies cruise. A friend of ours brother plays drums in the band.

Make sure you book a superior stateroom or above. A regular outside is only 108 sq ft. A superior is 142 sq ft. It does make a difference. I'm booked in March in a 108 sqft room but don't have a fear of tight spots so it didn't bother me. Booked on a guarantee too.

firewaterfarm, having sailed the Majesty numerous times, and understanding your possible need to "get space quickly" I would wholeheartedly suggest booking a Superior Oceanview on Deck 7. Why? Easy - you'll have 145sq.ft. of cabin space, as opposed to 108sq.ft.; the window is large and looks directly onto the Promenade Deck; if you're suddenly feeling the need, you can quickly exit the cabin and with a very short walk be outside on the wide promenade. In addition, you're conveniently midway between Deck 5 where most of the restaurants are located, along with the various service desks, shops and lounges - and Deck 10 where the pool, hottubs, buffet and outdoor lounges are.

This is, of course, JMHO. ;)

firewaterfarm, having sailed the Majesty numerous times, and understanding your possible need to "get space quickly" I would wholeheartedly suggest booking a Superior Oceanview on Deck 7. Why? Easy - you'll have 145sq.ft. of cabin space, as opposed to 108sq.ft.; the window is large and looks directly onto the Promenade Deck; if you're suddenly feeling the need, you can quickly exit the cabin and with a very short walk be outside on the wide promenade. In addition, you're conveniently midway between Deck 5 where most of the restaurants are located, along with the various service desks, shops and lounges - and Deck 10 where the pool, hottubs, buffet and outdoor lounges are.

This is, of course, JMHO. ;)

I agree with Pepper. We had a room on the Promenade on the Dream and it was the next best thing to having a balcony because of the easy access to the outside.

Our younger daughter was concerned about the same thing on her first cruise. We did cruise Carnival, which has larger cabins but there were 3 of us (all adult women) sharing the cabin. She did just fine. Yes, balconies are better but if you are cruising a ship with none or ony a few you have no choice. Go with the largest outside cabin you can afford. You will be just fine. NMNita

I just booked cabin 729 on deck 7! It looks great!

I'm still nervous, but feel much better after getting everyones advice.

Thank you...

Excellent choice! Our first-ever cruise we were in 714 and found the location very convenient to everything, and the easy access to the Promenade very helpful! ;)

Now here's one more bit of planning for you: on the morning you are arriving in Bermuda, be sure to get out on the Promenade early - Starboard side, midships if you can do it! You'll have a perfect viewing of the Town Crier welcoming you to Bermuda as the ship makes it's way through "the Cut" into St. Georges. As the ship turns and makes it's way up to the wharf, move to Port Side so you can hear his "Official Welcome". You won't be disappointed! ;)

Happy sailing! :D

If your talking about the Oldies Cruise with "Harvey Robbins and his band" it will be sailing on the 21ST of May this year. This will be my 4Th cruise with them.

Maybe they have two Oldies cruises this May, Boston to Bermuda!

Maddie

Archived