RC excursion Escape to JVD

mjc702

Has anyone had any experiences with the Escape to Jost Van Dyke excursion while in Tortola? Planning to do it while on the Royal Caribbean Vision in March and just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

Can't give any feedback yet but I am booked for this excursion on my 1/19/20 sailing on NCL Encore.

It gets great reviews with White Bay being a gorgeous beach. There's some really nice drone footage of the beach if you search for it.

My understanding is you'll get let off right at the famous Soggy Dollar Bar and they have some free chairs right in front of their establishment and I believe right next door at Hendo's they have chairs too.

We chose the 8:15am slot. Not sure if rccl does the same.

Anyway, really looking forward to it.

White Bay is one of the top spots we want to visit, so we are thrilled to be able to make a stop even if its a short one on this excursion. Hopefully you have a great visit! Our excursion is a noon time slot.

If you think of it, once you're done, drop a line how it was! Again, have a great time!

10 hours ago, mjc702 said:

White Bay is one of the top spots we want to visit, so we are thrilled to be able to make a stop even if its a short one on this excursion. Hopefully you have a great visit! Our excursion is a noon time slot.

If you think of it, once you're done, drop a line how it was! Again, have a great time!

NCL did have a later time slot and I almost took it as I was concerned with what the temp might be earlier in the day, but it was only like 2 hours later and we really wanted a little time after the excursion to either meet our aunt and uncle for drinks in town by the ship (Pusser's) or have some quality (not so crowded) time by the pool on board.

Again, not sure how rccl does it, but NCL has us leaving at 8:15 and returning at 1:15. That should give us 3 to 3 1/2 hours of beach time. It's not a ton of time, but should be fine. We love pretty beaches.

I will hop on and update after we get back.

Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

We love pretty beaches.

If you decide to cancel the Jost excursion for any reason, Brewers Bay on Tortola is a gorgeous beach/bay with that “Old Caribbean” feel and a much more laid back vibe...

1 minute ago, blue_water said:

If you decide to cancel the Jost excursion for any reason, Brewers Bay on Tortola is a gorgeous beach/bay with that “Old Caribbean” feel and a much more laid back vibe...

Thanks for the tip!

Although the excursion is quite expensive for what it is, my 19 yo daughter is sooooo excited for the catamaran ride to the beach and has already perused the drone footage of White Bay.

Her wish is my command, so we're doing the excursion. Lol!

Thanks again. You're always so helpful on these forums.

The ability to get to White Bay is one of the highlights we anticipate for this trip. Our RC excursion leaves at noon. It was the only time they had available that day. We wouldn't have minded an earlier trip but we were in no matter what.