yokohama hotels

Hi Rhonbru,

WE stayed at HOTEL MONTEREY YOKOHAMA, it is just across from the park near terminal and was an easy walk to the terminal with our bags, it is ok for a one night stay before cruise.

2 hours ago, qbay46 said:

Hi Rhonbru,

WE stayed at HOTEL MONTEREY YOKOHAMA, it is just across from the park near terminal and was an easy walk to the terminal with our bags, it is ok for a one night stay before cruise.

Intercontinental is close by and if you get a harbour view room you can watch the ship arrive.

The closest train station to the terminal is Nihon-Odori and it is an easy ten minute walk to the terminal.

With Japan you might find it is easier to book a hotel close to a major train line or at the airport. I usually fly into Haneda airport and it has a hotel in the terminal that all I have to do is drop my bags and start exploring and it is well connected by trains to the entire city.

Our last trip to Japan was from Brisbane - Tokyo Narita airport on a  Qantas flight, going to have one night in Yokohama before the cruise. Got very worried in Brisbane when the plane broke down before takeoff and got very worried when we all had to get off plane and wait and hope they could fix it in time to get to Tokyo.Since then we allow two nights before cruise so we have some time to play with. When we got to Narita we had a private transfer waiting and they did monitor the flight and knew it was very late getting there.We used Tokyo Airporter for this and it was was much easier, i know they are a fair bit dearer but Yokohama is an hours drive away and you get dropped off at hotel front door.

• Like 1

A new pier has just recently opened in Yokohama (Shinko pier) so if you're going to pick a hotel that's within walking distance check first which pier your ship will dock at. There's a new Intercontinental hotel in the pier complex.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, Rhonbru said:

thanks I will look it up....we are arriving at narita airport and will proberly take the liminous bus to the YCAT station

Look at the stops the Limousin bus does in Yokohama - it stops outside 3  major hotels. We have booked the Intercontinental - bus stops right outside apparently. 

On 12/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, bazzaw said:

Look at the stops the Limousin bus does in Yokohama - it stops outside 3  major hotels. We have booked the Intercontinental - bus stops right outside apparently. 

good idea....I will look at the hotels the bus stops at....will save us having to catch a taxi from YCAT station to a hotel