Zuiderdam decks at bow of ship

meemo

In photos of the Zuiderdam, there appear to be forward decks at the 3 levels below the bridge.  Does anyone know if these decks are accessible to passengers?  We have booked an inside cabin on one of these decks and I thought this would be a good way to get some fresh air and view scenery.

10 minutes ago, meemo said:

In photos of the Zuiderdam, there appear to be forward decks at the 3 levels below the bridge.  Does anyone know if these decks are accessible to passengers?  We have booked an inside cabin on one of these decks and I thought this would be a good way to get some fresh air and view scenery.

If you are referring to Deck 1/Main Deck, yes that's a passenger deck with cabins, the lower portion of the Main Stage showroom, and Guest Services in the Atrium however, the bow (is only open to the public on certain occasions. The Deck below that is A-Deck which is crew only and also used for one of three gangway decks

Zuiderdam_Deck1.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Edited by Copper10-8

59 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

If you are referring to Deck 1/Main Deck, yes that's a passenger deck with cabins, the lower portion of the Main Stage showroom, and Guest Services in the Atrium. The Deck below that is A-Deck which is crew only and also used for one of three gangway decks

Zuiderdam_Deck1.png.image.4540.896.low.png

We are actually on the Upper Verandah Deck.  Someone else answered that the forward decks are only open for scenic cruising.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

If you are referring to decks 5/6/7 they are only open to the public during slow-speed "scenic cruising" such as in the Panama Canal or Glacier Bay or fjords.

Yes, those are the decks I was referring to.  Thanks for your reply.  The cruise we are on has quite a few days with scenic cruising, so I am sure we will take advantage of it!