Cartegna, Columbia- Recommendations?

LizzGo

We will be Cartegna next moth and I want to make the most of our 7-4 pm stop there. We are interested in the culture and history.  Many have posted rave reviews about Dora the Explorer, but the group is limited to 16, which means there will probably be 16 in the group. We really do not want a group that large; ten would be tops.

I know about toursbylocals.com and have used them in the past with great success but we are only two which make sit quite expensive. I have posted on our roll call but no bites.  

Can anyone recommend a quality tour to fit our preferences? I am actually kicking around doing one of the free tours. Even if we end up with a large group at least we're not financially committed. Has anyone tried one of these free tours?  TIA all!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Cartagena in October. They cruise terminal is now revamped and surrounded by a nature park with lots of beautiful birds .After spending quite a while ex ploring this area you exit an area where there very lots of taxis offering rides to the old city or tours around the area. We had a 3 hour tour of all the main sights with lots of time to wander for $60 split 4 ways as we met up with another couple on board. We had already been to Cartagena so could direct the driver where we wanted to go but he was very helpful and made some great suggestions